Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help i need advice on lifting my new truck

Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
UpstateTRDTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
UpstateTRDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Help i need advice on lifting my new truck

Hey TW, a couple days ago i bought a new black doublecab tx pro. I promised myself i was going to only do practical mods and no lifts or anything...

Until i kept browsing on here, then i quickly realized i have a set of tires and a spacer lift(temporary i promise) left over from my last truck. The reason i got rid of my 05 was that it needed all new parts on the front end that would cost more than i wanted to spend on a 100kmi truck. And i wanted a new one.
But now i wonder if it was coincidence or the lift that caused the problems.

Will i be safe lifting it? should i not risk voiding the warranty? They just look so good lifted though. And i love the look and how high i was riding before and i have the parts for free and am willing to do the labor. Any insight would be helpful.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #2

anyone?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough
Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
I would not recommend a spacer lift on the front of the truck if it is second gen. technology.
So it right, Blistine 5100,s shocks with aftermarket springs (ebach, etc) or blistine 5100 shocks with your existing springs. Then TSB in the back....unless you are going to go 2.5 inches or higher in which case you will most likely need more suspension work.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Dave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 3rd SFG
Name: Dave
Dave333's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to lift it, do it right the first time and you shouldn't have any problems. I went with OME 886's (ARB bumper), shocks and Dakar's in the rear. Expensive but the ride feels great with no problems in a year. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Go with some nice coilovers and you will love yourself for it. I have OME 885's and they ride a bit stiff some times, but overall I like them. I wish I had the money for some fox coilovers or a set of kings.
And the warranty should not be affected because the dealer has to prove that your aftermarket parts caused the problems. If you only go 2.5" you won't have any problems (at least I haven't).
Old 06-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #6

the only reason i said the spacer lift is because its sitting in my garage and its free and itd only be on for a few months because 4-500 bucks for nice coilover lift and such just isnt in the budget right now
Old 06-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #7
Woodstocktaco is on a distinguished road
Woodstocktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Drive it as-is until you can install a proper lift. You will thank yourself for it.
JMHO.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
sell the spacer kit, then youll be that much closer to oh, say.. some OME!