1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Satelite Radio Subscription

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rsbmg, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jun 4, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    rsbmg

rsbmg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    So my free satelite radio subscription expired on my 11 tacoma. I kept getting calls from xm but never answered or returned any of them.

Then after about two weeks, I have satelite again! Got a letter in the mail that says if I want to renew they will cut the price from 12.95 a month to 6.42 a month!

However I never responded and still have satelite, now thats a good deal! :D

2. Jun 4, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Now you did it the XM cops will be watching you from space!!

Just ride with it, they may find out soon but hey consider it a gift!

3. Jun 4, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    rsbmg

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    Maybe they write it off as a charitable contribution:notsure:

4. Jun 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    gatlin69

gatlin69 Retired?

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    Nerf bars, bug shield,skid plate, coming soon (hopefully) DVD NAV
    I get call from them all the time. It takes a stop calling me every three months to get them to leave me alone. They have an offer of 5 months for $20, then when you cancel they normally will give you at least an extra month (for you to think about it). My only problem is that if you resubscribe they will call and call you. I told them one time that I couldn't talk because I was driving. (for real) The guy other end said "well this will only take a minute". (I hung up on him...A-hole). So be wary.

5. Jun 4, 2011 at 8:06 AM
    Scarab21

Scarab21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tint, tinted tails + 3rd brake light, shaved tailgate, painted calipers. TSB Leafs+ AAL, PA/CB, 5100 Bilsteins set @ 2.5 up front. Satoshi line-x'd grill.
    i have never paid a satellite radio bill ever.. it just keeps going.. ( it clunked out once, but i just had to resend the signal through the internet) shazaaaam.. so cool.

6. Jun 4, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    they are practically giving it away.they will do anything for people to stay.they are hurting bad.to bad my cable company isnt hurting this bad

7. Jun 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    jerzeyjoe

jerzeyjoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 2W
    I have used the this promotion code for 5 years. When you call them tell them that you received this code "WINZIP". It's $77 per year. After taxes and royalty fees it comes out to $92 bucks, or something close to this. They will tell you that it's only good for 1 year. Like I said, I have used it 5 years dtraight.

Whatever you do, do not let them talk you into automatic renewal. A friend did it. They will charge your credit card and it's a bitch to get them to stop. He had to call the credit card and get a new account number.

8. Jun 4, 2011 at 10:45 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Just got a notice in the mail for a class action lawsuit against SeriousXM about the merger and overpricing. Anyone else got this yet?

9. Jun 4, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    Let me advise you to call and cancel unless you want a bill coming your way...NOTHING is for FREE.

I bought a 2008 Jetta for my son--it was new so it came with 6 months free XM/Sirius. We did not renew our service. My son, however, did not let me know that his service had continued uninterrupted. A year later, I received a bill for $93 bucks and change. Until I threatened to engage my attorney (my cousin is a tort lawyer), did they drop the charges altogether. (and they pulled all the typical high-pressure sales tactics but I'm a little long in the tooth for that bullshit).

Just saying... but by continuing to receive their service and failing to notify them to stop it ASAP, you are opening yourself up to future bills. Your call--your truck, your money; just a word of advice.

10. Jun 4, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    popular science and popular mechanics subscriptions have done the same to me, they ran out after a year, i never renewed either, yet I've been still getting a mag every month. It's kinda awesome haha

11. Jun 4, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    rsbmg

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    I have never opened an account with them or provided any way for them to bill me other than sending me a bill in the mail. So if they do send me a bill I will just toss it like I have all their other mailings. You are not liable to pay for services rendered that you never requested. Its like if you went to the dealership for new tires and then they gave you a new paint job as well. You just got a free paint job.

12. Jun 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    thats true

13. Jun 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    TallTacoma

TallTacoma Bear fvcker!

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    The Silver State
    Vehicle:
    Come and take it from my cold, dead hands.
    3" suspension lift (ToyTec coilovers and wheeler leafs), Yakima roof rack, ARE tonneau, K&N FIPK.
    I signed up for another year for $77. I told the operator a buddy was paying $77, she said, "No problem," and I was off the phone in two minutes.

Thanks for the heads-up, guys! I was about to pay $157 for a year.

14. Jun 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    Coconut

Coconut Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport- Big Blue!
    I dont even know if mine works. Now Im kinda curious. Ipod and XD card FTW!! Screw the radio. And even if it does work, the only station I ever listened to in my girlfriends car was to Howard Stern.

15. Jun 8, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    Relik

Relik Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport PreRunner-Auto-Magnetic Gray
    Bilstein 5100s (Front & ext. Rear), Eibach coils @ 0, MaxTrac 4" Spindles, Light Racing UCAs, 1/4" lean spacer, All-Pro 3" Standard leafs, u-bolt flip kit, SpiderTrax 1.25" wheel spacers, 33" (285/70/17) TreadWright Warden A/T tires, extended lines
    Yeah I payed about $85 with the fees for a year. Prob is you don't get Howard Stern or any other premium channels. I asked how much it would be to add...they said an additional $200 for the year! WTF!

The regular subscription is like $12.99/month and premium is $15.99/month i think....which is $36 more a year...why $200 when paying up front! :mad:

16. Jun 8, 2011 at 5:14 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    I pay $$77 a year. Thought that was a deal, but talking to a couple of other people and a salesman from the local Chevy dealer thay said the subscription can be had for 40 to 50 dollars a month. Will try it when this subscription is up. They will give you the $77 deal per year with no problem.

17. Jun 8, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    o5iiawah

o5iiawah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Philly 'burbs, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x2 access cab 2.7l
    I dont know how people who get shit for free, but by mistake, sleep at night.

18. Jun 8, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    rsbmg

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    Its not a mistake. xm is fully aware who they have allowed access to satelite radio. They want to keep customers so they throw freebies at you to intice you to stay. I didn't ask for them to re-start my satelite radio because I didnt want to pay what they were asking. They chose to start it anyway. So do you suggest I send them some money? Or should I not turn my radio on? Either way I sleep fantastic!

19. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:10 PM
    JDeLuca

JDeLuca Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Staten Island NY
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport MGM
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Bed mat, Weather Techs wet okole seat covers
    Mine ran out on my 2011, I used a promo code and got it for $77 plus tax. I asked the to send me a bill, I mailed a check to them for the 1 year. I'll try it again next year.

20. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    RZRob

RZRob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Anaheim Hills
    I bought my used '06 truck in Nov. '09 from the dealer and it came with XM. It's been going strong for over a year. In fact, I guess XM wouldn't know how to contact me anyway.

RZ Rob

Products Discussed in

To Top