Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Satelite Radio Subscription

Old 06-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Satelite Radio Subscription

So my free satelite radio subscription expired on my 11 tacoma. I kept getting calls from xm but never answered or returned any of them.

Then after about two weeks, I have satelite again! Got a letter in the mail that says if I want to renew they will cut the price from 12.95 a month to 6.42 a month!

However I never responded and still have satelite, now thats a good deal!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Now you did it the XM cops will be watching you from space!!

Just ride with it, they may find out soon but hey consider it a gift!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe they write it off as a charitable contribution
Old 06-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
Retired?
gatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired
Name: Scott
gatlin69's Tacoma Gallery
I get call from them all the time. It takes a stop calling me every three months to get them to leave me alone. They have an offer of 5 months for $20, then when you cancel they normally will give you at least an extra month (for you to think about it). My only problem is that if you resubscribe they will call and call you. I told them one time that I couldn't talk because I was driving. (for real) The guy other end said "well this will only take a minute". (I hung up on him...A-hole). So be wary.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
Scarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Scarab21's Tacoma Gallery
i have never paid a satellite radio bill ever.. it just keeps going.. ( it clunked out once, but i just had to resend the signal through the internet) shazaaaam.. so cool.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
they are practically giving it away.they will do anything for people to stay.they are hurting bad.to bad my cable company isnt hurting this bad
Old 06-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
jerzeyjoe has a spectacular aura aboutjerzeyjoe has a spectacular aura aboutjerzeyjoe has a spectacular aura about

jerzeyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
I have used the this promotion code for 5 years. When you call them tell them that you received this code "WINZIP". It's $77 per year. After taxes and royalty fees it comes out to $92 bucks, or something close to this. They will tell you that it's only good for 1 year. Like I said, I have used it 5 years dtraight.

Whatever you do, do not let them talk you into automatic renewal. A friend did it. They will charge your credit card and it's a bitch to get them to stop. He had to call the credit card and get a new account number.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a notice in the mail for a class action lawsuit against SeriousXM about the merger and overpricing. Anyone else got this yet?
Old 06-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Let me advise you to call and cancel unless you want a bill coming your way...NOTHING is for FREE.

I bought a 2008 Jetta for my son--it was new so it came with 6 months free XM/Sirius. We did not renew our service. My son, however, did not let me know that his service had continued uninterrupted. A year later, I received a bill for $93 bucks and change. Until I threatened to engage my attorney (my cousin is a tort lawyer), did they drop the charges altogether. (and they pulled all the typical high-pressure sales tactics but I'm a little long in the tooth for that bullshit).

Just saying... but by continuing to receive their service and failing to notify them to stop it ASAP, you are opening yourself up to future bills. Your call--your truck, your money; just a word of advice.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
popular science and popular mechanics subscriptions have done the same to me, they ran out after a year, i never renewed either, yet I've been still getting a mag every month. It's kinda awesome haha
Old 06-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #11

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I have never opened an account with them or provided any way for them to bill me other than sending me a bill in the mail. So if they do send me a bill I will just toss it like I have all their other mailings. You are not liable to pay for services rendered that you never requested. Its like if you went to the dealership for new tires and then they gave you a new paint job as well. You just got a free paint job.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
thats true
Old 06-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #13
TallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Army: FiSTers bring it fast and hard!
Name: Charles
TallTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I signed up for another year for $77. I told the operator a buddy was paying $77, she said, "No problem," and I was off the phone in two minutes.

Thanks for the heads-up, guys! I was about to pay $157 for a year.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #14
Coconut is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Coconut's Tacoma Gallery
I dont even know if mine works. Now Im kinda curious. Ipod and XD card FTW!! Screw the radio. And even if it does work, the only station I ever listened to in my girlfriends car was to Howard Stern.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I payed about $85 with the fees for a year. Prob is you don't get Howard Stern or any other premium channels. I asked how much it would be to add...they said an additional $200 for the year! WTF!

The regular subscription is like $12.99/month and premium is $15.99/month i think....which is $36 more a year...why $200 when paying up front!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #17
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know how people who get shit for free, but by mistake, sleep at night.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #18

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Its not a mistake. xm is fully aware who they have allowed access to satelite radio. They want to keep customers so they throw freebies at you to intice you to stay. I didn't ask for them to re-start my satelite radio because I didnt want to pay what they were asking. They chose to start it anyway. So do you suggest I send them some money? Or should I not turn my radio on? Either way I sleep fantastic!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #19
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Mine ran out on my 2011, I used a promo code and got it for $77 plus tax. I asked the to send me a bill, I mailed a check to them for the 1 year. I'll try it again next year.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my used '06 truck in Nov. '09 from the dealer and it came with XM. It's been going strong for over a year. In fact, I guess XM wouldn't know how to contact me anyway.

RZ Rob