Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Older Vs. Newer

Old 06-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Bought my 09 new. Now have 17k miles on it. Used it like a truck. So far no problems, not a single one (knock on wood).

I agree that older Toyotas may have been better built. But they were also MUCH more crude than the newer ones. One thing that kept me from getting a first gen was the oh-shit interior. The newer Tacos, while still being plastic fantastic, have a much nicer interior and much more room. I think the newer ones have a better ride quality also, a lot of people remark at how my truck rides/drives like a car.

On balance, I am happy with the newer one.
Totally agree about the simplicity of the older trucks, the more stuff you put on these trucks the more problems you're going to have eventually.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #22
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
To the guy who claims the older ones are "crude"
I wouldn't consider mine as "crude" in any way. With exception to needing more leg room for a guy my size, and rear springs being too stiff (it IS a truck) it's actually a pleasant cruiser and people, including Rosie's 90 year old mom (had to lift her into the truck) have commented on how smooth and quiet it is. At idle you cannot even tell this thing is running from inside. I am lucky enough to not have those dreaded interior rattles either. And the interior on my truck is soft to the eye and quality stuff compared to the newer ones.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #23
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
To the guy who claims the older ones are "crude"
I wouldn't consider mine as "crude" in any way. With exception to needing more leg room for a guy my size, and rear springs being too stiff (it IS a truck) it's actually a pleasant cruiser and people, including Rosie's 90 year old mom (had to lift her into the truck) have commented on how smooth and quiet it is. At idle you cannot even tell this thing is running from inside. I am lucky enough to not have those dreaded interior rattles either. And the interior on my truck is soft to the eye and quality stuff compared to the newer ones.
I think a dictionary will clarify 'crude' in this case.