Notices

Looking for Picture

Old 06-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
sac130e is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Retired
Name: Scott
sac130e's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for Picture

Changing the oil soon..anyone have pci of the correct plug to pull for the oil t o drain? Don't want be one of those that pulls the tranny plug. I have a 2011 DC 4.0L for reference.

Thx
Old 06-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
KellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud of
Army: UH-60 Blackhawk Crewchief / Mechanic
Name: Kelly
KellyJoe's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ge-thread.html
Old 06-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Just remember it's not the flat pan. It's the one forward of that, looks kinda like an udder with one teet
Old 06-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Best thing I can say is, don't pull the plug until you find both plugs. Then do the one that's closest to the front bumper, right between the wheels. Not the one that's directly underneath the gear shift.

There will be a hole in your skidplate to access the oil lug. It can be a bit of a bitch to see.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
sac130e is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Retired
Name: Scott
sac130e's Tacoma Gallery
Thx for the info..glad I asked, didnt know about the drain line needed for the filter. Thought it was built in to the drain itself. Looks like I am off to the store for some tubing. As for the drain plug, I have never seen a gasket on any other vehicle I have owned and never put one on..is this cool if there is not one one there now?

Scott
Old 06-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
There should be one on there now. You can reuse them at least 2-3 times.

I do, and I don't have any oil leaks. Just check a few days afterwards in case though.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #7
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Crawl under the truck with your head toward the front and give your transmission a big ole' hug. The transmission drain plug will be on your sternum, and the oil drain plug will probably be close to your forehead depending on your height.