Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Broke my rear view mirror off today, now what!

Old 06-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
tinker2 is on a distinguished road

tinker2's Tacoma Gallery
Broke my rear view mirror off today, now what!

I was washing my windows today and turned my rear view mirror to the right to wash one area and was turning it back and something broke.

I ended up holding my mirror in my hand, the ball socket came out of the back of the mirror. Anybody have any ideas, or just bite the bullet and buy a new one?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Duct tape always works!!!

Seriously though, you will most likely have to replace the whole thing. That sucks!!!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
You will need to replace the whole thing. Or you can jerry rig it with some super glue. It will not move but you can at least see out of it.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
did it crack around where the ball goes in?
if not I think I would try just popping it back on.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
tinker2 is on a distinguished road

tinker2's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, whatever retains the ball in the back of the mirror broke off.
The ball is still on the pedestal mounted to the glass.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #7
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures please...