Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

About to Start the Mods

Old 06-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
tcrough is on a distinguished road
tcrough's Tacoma Gallery
About to Start the Mods

So I am about to start buying mods for my '11 Tacoma and was wanting opinions on these new headlights

Option 1:
http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota...o00166001.html

Option 2:
http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota...d00110207.html

Option 3:
Open for suggestions (BHLM is not an option, my dad doesn't trust me enough :P)

Also I want to get a new mesh grill and have the money for a grillcraft, but I heard somewhere that they don't make a mesh grill for the '11 yet. Any insight on this?

P.S. Current mods are going to be supplemented with blacked out tail lights/badges/lower front valence.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
you have a 2011 right, so dont you have the smoked headlights already? i woudlnt buy either of the lights you listed, better off buying a used set here, do the BHLM on them, then sell your '11 lights
Old 06-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on bhlm
Old 06-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Poot Klopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrough View Post
So I am about to start buying mods for my '11 Tacoma and was wanting opinions on these new headlights

Option 1:
http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota...o00166001.html

Option 2:
http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota...d00110207.html

Option 3:
Open for suggestions (BHLM is not an option, my dad doesn't trust me enough :P)

Also I want to get a new mesh grill and have the money for a grillcraft, but I heard somewhere that they don't make a mesh grill for the '11 yet. Any insight on this?

P.S. Current mods are going to be supplemented with blacked out tail lights/badges/lower front valence.
Convince your dad the BHLM is cheaper than either of those options and if you mess up the BHLM you can just order the replacements. Also the housing say they fit 05-08 not sure if things changed past 08 for your 11...
Old 06-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Grillcraft will fit your 2011.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Can't Fix Stupid
wdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: General Purpose Vehicle Mechanic 2nd Combat Communications Group
Name: Walt
wdinfla's Tacoma Gallery
Here is another option. I just ordered them myself for my 2011. They will be here Thursday and ordered them Thursday so one week from order to delivery. Will post pics when I get them. The price is less than both your options.

http://www.k2motor.com/05-07-toyota-...hts-black.html

Good luck with your mods.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdinfla View Post
Here is another option. I just ordered them myself for my 2011. They will be here Thursday and ordered them Thursday so one week from order to delivery. Will post pics when I get them. The price is less than both your options.

http://www.k2motor.com/05-07-toyota-...hts-black.html

Good luck with your mods.
Would love to hear how they fit since I have a retro fit to start and I'm looking at options for head lights. Will stock tinted 11's fit an 06?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
Can't Fix Stupid
wdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: General Purpose Vehicle Mechanic 2nd Combat Communications Group
Name: Walt
wdinfla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poot Klopp View Post
Would love to hear how they fit since I have a retro fit to start and I'm looking at options for head lights. Will stock tinted 11's fit an 06?

I am under the assumption that 05-11 are all interchangeable. I sure hope so cuz the ones I ordered say 06-07 we shall see on Thursday.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #9

Quote:
I am under the assumption that 05-11 are all interchangeable. I sure hope so cuz the ones I ordered say 06-07 we shall see on Thursday.
Do you have the stock tinted 11's?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #11

Quote:
No they are the chrome ones.
I was talking about the lens.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
tcrough is on a distinguished road
tcrough's Tacoma Gallery
Finally convinced my Dad to let me do the BHLM so I might try that soon. Thanks for the advice.