LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Repair help - can anyone identify this?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
primer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: T
primer's Tacoma Gallery
Repair help - can anyone identify this?

I'm trying to identify this component. It is under the truck in the center just behind the transmission. I recently had my center console out and seem to remember a mechanical linkage just above this that was connected to the parking brake. Can't be sure though.

The cable on the L runs forward to the transmission, and I think is a mechanical cable. The two things on the left run to the rear brakes - but do not appear to be the hydraulic brake lines.

Thanks in advance.

TL
Old 06-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
The two things on the right are the parking brake cables. Under your center console is where the single cable from the parking brake lever attaches to the two cables that run back to each rear drum.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
primer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shedprimer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
primer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
The two things on the right are the parking brake cables. Under your center console is where the single cable from the parking brake lever attaches to the two cables that run back to each rear drum.
Thanks a lot.

This area is leaking some clear fluid. I don't recall a reservoir or anything there. Is there a lubricant or something for the mechanical cables. I'm not sure what would leak.

Thanks again for the help.

TL
Old 06-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
primer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer View Post
Thanks a lot.

This area is leaking some clear fluid. I don't recall a reservoir or anything there. Is there a lubricant or something for the mechanical cables. I'm not sure what would leak.

TL
Stand down. The fluid appears to be spilled soda...

Old 06-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post

X2

The single cable on the left is the transmission shift cable.