Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 settings w/o TSB?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Motorjock 721 is on a distinguished road
Motorjock 721's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 settings w/o TSB?

Hello everyone,

I have a 2009 Pre-runner D-CAB off road package. I am getting ready to buy some Bilstein 5100's (front/rear). I have not had the TSB done for the rear, but I have a question?

I just plan on leveling out the front. Is the 2nd setting (.85) going to work or is the 3rd setting (1.75) the way to go? Any pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for knowledge as well.

I have the rear tsb done with nothing up front. i think 1.75" would be good for me as the rear of my truck is still so high.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen pics of non-tsb/stock rear and 1.75 and it looks level but the front is just a tad high.. i think that's what i'm gonna go and live with it until i can get a 1.5 AAL and i don't have to mess with the front again...

apparently it is not easy or cheap to re-adjust the billies settings once they're on.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
VinnyMack has a spectacular aura aboutVinnyMack has a spectacular aura aboutVinnyMack has a spectacular aura about

Navy: MM3 / USS Belleau Wood & USS Essex (97'-01')
Name: Casey
VinnyMack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Taco View Post
I've seen pics of non-tsb/stock rear and 1.75 and it looks level but the front is just a tad high.. i think that's what i'm gonna go and live with it until i can get a 1.5 AAL and i don't have to mess with the front again...

apparently it is not easy or cheap to re-adjust the billies settings once they're on.
If you cannot not do yourself yes- but if you can it will just cost a re-alignment which varies from about $60-$90 depending on where you go.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
I just did this to my truck tonight.

Its a 2011 TRD Off Road access cab without the TSB rear leafs.

The back end is stock still and the fronts are set at 1.75".

The fender to ground in the front is 37", the rears is 36.5".

I'd recommend adding some kind of lift to the rear if you plan on setting the fronts to 1.75" as it looks funny. It has reverse rake. .85" would most likely level it out.

I like the height with the fronts set at 1.75. I'm going to go with a 1.75" add a leaf to balance everything out.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Nfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nfurtado77's Tacoma Gallery
Non tsb=.85
Tsb= 1.75
At least what I heard.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfurtado77 View Post
Non tsb=.85
Tsb= 1.75
At least what I heard.
Same!

I measured for fun on this past weekend any my front is about 1.8" lower then the rear. I have the TSB in the rear.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #9
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2012 and i did my bilstiens at 1.75". although it measured perfectly level, it felt and looked nose hight to me. i have the 4 leaf packs stock. i added 1" blocks to the back, and even though everyone is against blocks, i have had zero issues in 20,000 kms, and it feels and drives perfect.
maybe just do your fronts at 1.75" first and then decide from there.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #10
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 dcsb stock rear ( 2x1) I was going to go with the .85. But after doing a lot of research I chose to go with the 5100's set at .0 with the OME 883x coils for a smoother ride and it will give me around 1.5 of lift. I am leaving the rear stock. I hope that helps.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #11
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
I set mine at 1.75" on the front and left the back at a stock non TSB. No issues with mine. Was a little higher in the front then settled in nicely. It may be very slightly raised in the front but with a black truck you'll never notice. Glad I went with the Billies tho at 1.75. All in all super easy to install yourself using the video floating around and rides just the same.