Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech vs. Husky Liners

Old 06-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
WeatherTech vs. Husky Liners

It seems like the folks here prefer the Weather Tech's to Husky Liners. I have had a couple sets of Husky Liners for my Jeeps. Is there a reason I shouldn't get Husky Liners for the Tacoma?

If you have the Husky Liners post up your experience with them in the Tacoma.

Is there a preferred vendor here that sells them?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
rev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant future
Name: Al
rev25sharp's Tacoma Gallery
i have never had husky but i bought weather techs on a group guy. i am really happy with them. i got the digital fit ones in black.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
762x51taco is on a distinguished road
762x51taco's Tacoma Gallery
Have husky fronts and weathertech rear. The only reason I have weathertech rear is because I got it used and it was cheaper then a new husky. I really like both of them, but if I were buying new I would go for the cheaper husky. The weathertech fits a little better, but not enough to justify the higher price. YMMV
Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
i love my weathertechs, just keep an eye on the BST section somebody's selling a set every other week or so for less then regular. I got mine front and back for 100 shipped.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Wrangler Convert
sixdoubleseven will become famous soon enough

sixdoubleseven's Tacoma Gallery
I had Husky liners in my old TJ. I picked up Weathertechs in the last group buy. I like the WTs so much more.

The problem with the Huskys was that they seemed to get slick when there was snow/slush in the winter.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Husky in the Tacoma sucks. I had mine for a couple years and just reciently put the Weathertech in. MUCH better fit and can hold more liquid and crap than the Husky can.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #7
jb3pin is on a distinguished road
jb3pin's Tacoma Gallery
Had the husky liners in my 2003, they were nice. Held a lot of water, snow, mud etc. But the lip on the edge always caught my foot getting in and out of the vehicle. I now have the weathertechs in my 2011 and I like them much more. Better fit and they use the OEM floor mat clips in the vehicle. Some say the holes for the clips reduce the amount of water the liners will hold, but I'm not personally concerned about it. In the end I think the weathertechs are far superior for this vehicle. Just ordered a set for my wife's Sienna today. She also had Husky liners in her last Sienna...
Old 06-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #9
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Good info guys thanks. Does anyone have a good vendor to buy from online? I have a 2011 Access Cab 4x4 manual trans.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
BigT is on a distinguished road
BigT's Tacoma Gallery
Wt Floor liners

I bought a set of wt liners for my 05 acc.cab with 5 spd. and love them, though I did have to do a little trimming on the drivers side to keep the clutch pedal from catching.

Got mine from SVCustoms.com. Great to deal with, fast, free shipping. Oh, you can even negotiate a lower price.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #12
jb3pin is on a distinguished road
jb3pin's Tacoma Gallery
Best price I found recently was from trdparts4u.com, who drop shipped them from WT.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
jharden03 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
jharden03's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned Weather Tech’s and Husky Liners for my Tacoma’s and Jeep Wranglers. They are both good products but I have to go with the Weather Tech’s. They look and fit better.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #14
kws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
I had husky liners in my 2000 taco and I really liked those. I was disappointed with the fit of the ones I got for my 2009 taco. If I had it to do over again I would got with the weathertechs
Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #15
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Husky catches my foot a lot getting in and out. Actually tripped my gf up one night and she ended up on the ground LOL (yeah, it was funny). So I will get WT next.