Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

any known transmission issues?

Old 10-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
mgb2
mbarr is on a distinguished road
mbarr's Tacoma Gallery
any known transmission issues?

Has anyone heard or had issues with 05+ Tacomas transmission jerking foward while stopped at a red-light, stop sign, etc.? I also have a loud whining noise or vibration while in reverse!!
I've taken it to the dealer and they just said that's how they are. B.S. or is this true?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
the lurch forward is normal. just keep ur foot on the brake at a stop... after u drive a little you wont even notice after awhile
Old 10-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
mgb2
mbarr is on a distinguished road
mbarr's Tacoma Gallery
its actually gotten progressively worse. If that is just how they are then I don't see how they would actually sell any trucks, thats how bad its gotten
Old 10-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

someone already tried making a court case out of it and he lost
Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
Tuned By Gadget

if its as bad as u say it is then theres got to be something wrong with it. ive had my truck for 39,000 miles and i havent noticed it getting worse. i mainly feel it when my a/c is on
Old 10-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
it only does it once in a while for me so you should probably have that looked at
Old 10-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
have the dealership check the fluid level for you. when i had my 06, it shifted weird and had a bit of a lunge forward to it, got the fluid checked, and it was a quart low from the factory. it may fix it for ya!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
tflorida is on a distinguished road
tflorida's Tacoma Gallery
This has actually been a very big complaint. The national highway traffic and safety administration (NHTSA) has just recently concluded an investigation, and they could not find a problem. There were over 400 complaints, 50+ accidents and 12 injuries due to tacomas accelerating by themselves. It's even been on the I-team news a few times. The complaints ranged from surging at stoplights to people hitting 120 mph against there will. The idle on my new tacoma was going up a little when I pushed in the clutch and it was throwing an "idle air control valve" error code. They put in a new throttle body kit, which includes the idle air control valve and it fixed the problem with mine. Maybe the same thing is causing your problem, but you would expect that you would also get the error code.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tflorida View Post
This has actually been a very big complaint. The national highway traffic and safety administration (NHTSA) has just recently concluded an investigation, and they could not find a problem. There were over 400 complaints, 50+ accidents and 12 injuries due to tacomas accelerating by themselves. It's even been on the I-team news a few times. The complaints ranged from surging at stoplights to people hitting 120 mph against there will. The idle on my new tacoma was going up a little when I pushed in the clutch and it was throwing an "idle air control valve" error code. They put in a new throttle body kit, which includes the idle air control valve and it fixed the problem with mine. Maybe the same thing is causing your problem, but you would expect that you would also get the error code.
Really! Officer the truck was going 120mph against my will! Honest! I don't know what happened!
My truck goes 80 on the interstate all the time. There must be something to this. Or my foot is in on it too!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #11
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
well how do i know if my auto trany maybe low? after all, the truck is made in mexico!! i thought the truck was made in tremont, calif?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
well how do i know if my auto trany maybe low? after all, the truck is made in mexico!! i thought the truck was made in tremont, calif?
easiest way is to get the dealer to check it for you...its a long process.