Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

After Market Carrier Bearing

Old 06-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
After Market Carrier Bearing

Saw this over on TTORA. Wanted to get the thoughts from TW since it didn't get much response over there.

Anybody try a better strength carrier bearing like the one below?

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...52#post2170652
Old 06-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

docbrown's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... I am having the u-joints and carrier bearing changed next week. Was thinking about this one Center Supports - Toyota Pickup 1993 - 2006 - Driveshaft Parts . I wonder what the long-term reliability would be. It looks beefy enough but is it made for a wet environment? Not trying to be a nay-sayer. Maybe someone with some more engineering background than I have can look at this and provide some input.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
BM07TacoTRDsport is on a distinguished road
Name: B-ry
BM07TacoTRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
Saw this over on TTORA. Wanted to get the thoughts from TW since it didn't get much response over there.

Anybody try a better strength carrier bearing like the one below?

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...52#post2170652

I looked into them but the max RPM on them is around 6k. I was wondering the RPM of my drive shaft spinning at 85 mph with 4:56 gears and stock size tires on a 07 TRD sport with automatic? Anybody know? Also has anyone tried this one from rock auto?
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...600&cc=1434686
Old 03-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM07TacoTRDsport View Post
I looked into them but the max RPM on them is around 6k. I was wondering the RPM of my drive shaft spinning at 85 mph with 4:56 gears and stock size tires on a 07 TRD sport with automatic? Anybody know? Also has anyone tried this one from rock auto?
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...600&cc=1434686
I don't think the drive shaft will spin more than 6k rpm, at 80mph, engine turns 3k rpm, and 5th gear is about a 1 to 1 ratio. The one at rock auto is the same as the one at advance auto and are the same, if not better than the OEM.