Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

destination A/T or bridgestone Revo's

Old 10-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
destination A/T or bridgestone Revo's

I've been looking at both of these tires for the past few days and they are both good looking, so now im looking for help. i wanted a kinda aggressive tread for when im at the farm and going through the fields, snow and mud
Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
both are great tires, and i really like the revo's, but im gonna say that the destination a/t's will probably last you a little longer. like i said though....both are great tires.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
I heard the BFG A/T is good too, but i like the Revo more... or maybe the yokohama... they make great tires!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
a little off topic, but will i ordered that dynomax muffler how do you think it will sound on the 2.7
Old 10-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Both of those tires are a good choice i personally have the revo's awesome tires good traction for on and offroad. you wont be dissapointed in what ever you choose.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
both are great tires, and i really like the revo's, but im gonna say that the destination a/t's will probably last you a little longer. like i said though....both are great tires.
Will is right both are great tires but go with the revos
Trest me i sell them all day
Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
a little off topic, but will i ordered that dynomax muffler how do you think it will sound on the 2.7
it should sound pretty good.....kinda throaty. put up a sound clip when you get it installed. i should have my dynomax super turbo in tomorrow or so, then i gotta get it installed, so when i do, i'll put up clips of it.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I absolutely love my Destination A/T's!!!

I took the off my 007 with only 10,000 miles on them still looking brand new. I immediately put them on the 008. They now have a collective 25,000 miles on them. They are quiet going down the road. They ride beautifully. They have excellent wet traction. They do very well off road. Finally - They look great.

Whites Out:

Blacks Out:

Old 10-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #9
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Ditto. I don't have a bad word to say about them.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Ditto. I don't have a bad word to say about them.
I liked the set I had.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #11
bbaggett is on a distinguished road

bbaggett's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma World likes Revo, Tire Rack reviews with 27 million miles says Destination. *confused*
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT
Old 11-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #12
bbaggett is on a distinguished road

bbaggett's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to try the Destination A/T when mine wear out. They are more aggressive looking than the Revo 's. You can't go wrong either way, they are both good tires. Get the one that you like the most at the best price.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #13
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
x1,000,000 for Destination A/T. Have over 40k on mine now and crazy amount of tread left. Ride great, excellent wet weather traction (some idiots must forget the Tacoma is a truck and not a race car), never had any problems of any sort - on or off road. Going to get same when time. Oh, and average around 22 mpg on my TRD off-road w/ v-6...
Old 11-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #15
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned multiple sets of Revo 2's on previous trucks and I never got less than 65k-70k out of them and that was with replacing them before the tread wore down to the wear mark. They also never let me down in rugged terrain.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I just replaced a set of the Revo 2's. They were great for the life I got out of them. Only got 35K out of them and that's with normal rotations and 2 alignments. A lot of reviews on Tire Rack with people complaining about the treadlife, so I don't feel like my situation was abnormal. I had no desire to go with another set. I decided to go with Michelin AT2's this go around. Have you looked at the Cooper A/T3 or the Hankook Dynapro?
Old 11-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #17
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Only 35k?!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #18
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
Only 35k?!
Yup, and Bridgestone wouldn't honor the treadlife warranty.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #19
Senior Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
Yup, and Bridgestone wouldn't honor the treadlife warranty.
That's absurd. That would leave a bad taste in my mouth as well
Old 11-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #20
KnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to beholdKnoxTac0713 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
KnoxTac0713's Tacoma Gallery
I had two sets of Destination ATs on my 07. Replaced the first set w about 48k on them. Could have went a little longer. I think the Revo 2's look a little better w the extra protection around the shoulder. If price is not an issue between those two I would probably go a Revo 2.