Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Purchase Thoughts and Opinions

Old 06-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
New Purchase Thoughts and Opinions

Hello All,

As I said before I do not own a Taco yet! But I am in the market and doing my research. I have settled so far on V6 4x4 Double Cab short bed, Silver Mica ( I am done with black trucks to much work) I want to get this package:

TRD Sport Extra Value Package with Additional Options $3,510
  • (DZ) AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capability[6], six speakers including two ceiling-mounted speakers, satellite radio receiver prewire and antenna
  • (FE) 50 state emissions
  • (PY) TRD Sport Extra Value Package: Sport Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, 17" Alloy Wheels with P265/65R17 Tires, Hood Scoop, Color-Keyed Grille Surround/Bumpers/Door Handles/Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Remote Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Variable Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass & Temperature Gauge, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Shifter, Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Sport Graphics
  • (TO) V6 Tow Package: Class 4 Hitch, Transmission and Supplemental Oil Coolers, 130A Alternator, Heavy-Duty Battery, 7-Pin Connector with Converter
Which pretty much covers everything I need and lol want, I am not a rock crawler or mudder need the 4x4 for getting to and from work. As where I live in the winter they umm have no clue how to plow. I get off road some but only for work and where I live highest point is maybe 12' above sea level LOL. I do however go home to Maine in the winter.

The only MODS/ add-ons I think I will be doing LOL albeit slowly in order of importance and cost:

Debadge ( Before it leaves the lot )
Rear End Vent Extension
Anti Theft Tail Gate
WeatherTech Window Guards
WeatherTech Floor Mats
Tint Windows
Cap W/ Roof Racks
Strut Assist Lift For Hood
Gauge Pod
Small lift ( I am used to full size trucks and have a RAV4 cant tell you how many times I have smacked my head getting in).
ARB Front ( With Winch ) and Rear Bumpers.

I have two Brand new Amps 400 and 200 watts thinking of using one for a sub but not really a stereo guy so have to figure out what to do with those.

Feel free to suggest / recommend cost efficent mods etc I am very mechanically inclined lol. Bear in mind though it will only be off road when I have to.

Cypherian
Old 06-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good OP

If you plan on the ARB bumper and winch , you might want to look into the OME lift kit with the 886 coils which are designed for the weight you would be adding to the front .

That set up would net you approx 3" of lift

The Dakar leaf pack , which is part of the full OME kit will help you with the additional weight of a full time cap , they lift the rear 2 3/4"

I have the Leer RCC cap with the commercial roof rack system , I am very happy with it .

There are pics of these set ups on my truck here ( I have the OME kit but 885's , due to the fact I am going with an aluminum front bumper )

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3097582
Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Good to go.