Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The aircondition doesnt work...??????

Old 06-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Mr.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Mr.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation The aircondition doesnt work...??????

Folks..first time i think i turned the A/C since i bought this truck last fall.
It just blows air thats all. What should i look for first. Isnt there a fuse for A/C..?? Is this a common thing in 2005 models. Thnx
Old 06-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe it just needs to be repressurized?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
This same thing happened to with my 06' a couple months ago. This to was the first time I had used it since last fall. I was on the highway and the A/C light lit up but it was nothing but hot air that blew out. Once I got off the highway and parked, I turned the engine off and restarted it and the A/C started working so I got lucky I guess. I'm still not really sure what happened to it but i works fine now.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah not impressed with the A/C in my Taco. Not very cold at all. Our Subaru is an icebox by comparison. Is the A/C compressor running?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
If the ac ever looses power it will not run with truck at highway speeds. You have to run it below 45 miles an hour for a minute or two.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #7
reg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shed
reg boulette's Tacoma Gallery
Found this same problem in my 09 v6 after having disconnected the battery for a few hours to wire up trailer harness. Seems to lose logic somehow without power. Just continued to drive while cycling through various choices....temp low to turn on AC, off/ on the outside/inside air source, etc. in no particular combination. After 5-10 minutes was working fine again.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be honest, the AC in my 2011 is very unimpressive. My 95 Taco's AC was like a walk in freezer. Not sure what changed.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
OP, Check the fuse for the AC.

To everyone else that seems to have an issue, check the outgoing air temp of the vents. On "MAX" AC, the air temp should be below 55* for a normal AC operation. if this is not the case, check to make sure the AC coolant pressures are in spec.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #10
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wikihow.com/Recharge-the-...ioner-in-a-Car
Old 06-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #11
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tacoma View Post
It just blows air thats all. What should i look for first. Isnt there a fuse for A/C..?? Is this a common thing in 2005 models. Thnx
A common problem with many Toyotas is the clutch relay goes bad and engages intermittently or sometimes not at all. If the A/C button indicator LED is flashing instead of steady this could be the case. I went through the same problem last year on my 2007; swapped it with the trailer tail light relay (not needed until I tow) and fixed it right up.

The flashing LED means the compressor is not turning synchronous with the engine which happens when the clutch doesn't engage, so it should also flash if the clutch fuse is blown and if the compressor is seized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
Ill be honest, the AC in my 2011 is very unimpressive...
I got a DC and mine is actually pretty good even on the hot one yesterday... but only when rolling at near-highway speeds (35mph at least). That tells me it needs plenty of airflow over the condenser. I think good high-flow electric fans instead of the belt driven fan would do nicely when traffic crawling.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
The change from 95 to now is r-134a is not as efficent as r-12.

Pressure switches, relays and TXV valves all like to go bad. Put a set of gauges on the ac before you replace parts. It will give you a good idea of where to start looking. Assuming it needs a recharge is a good way to overcharge. Don't add oil either, unless you have flushed the system. Overoiling is bad too.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #13
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
An add-on electric fan will help with low speed ac performance. Since the condenser needs air movement, and the clutch fan won't stay engaged when the ac is on, you lose cooling at low speeds.