Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got remote start for my 6-speed... not worth it

Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #21
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I never saw a remote start to be beneficial on any vehicle but that is just me.

My friend's brother would never leave his car in gear and he said I was crazy for doing it. One day the parking brake cable on his Nissan snapped and the car rolled down a hill and hit a Benz. Yeah, not so crazy anymore huh?

That's what happens when you drive a Nissan.....
Old 06-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #22
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
That's what happens when you drive a Nissan.....
Eh. It was a 84 300ZX Turbo but he never took care of the car. I liked the car though.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Eh. It was a 84 300ZX Turbo but he never took care of the car. I liked the car though.
Sweet!! My dad had one of those when I was growing up. I remember coming home from school with him and he was haulin' ass for me and having fun....then got pulled over and got a ticket.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Sweet!! My dad had one of those when I was growing up. I remember coming home from school with him and he was haulin' ass for me and having fun....then got pulled over and got a ticket.
Aww man. Ticket no good.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #25
Fire Force is on a distinguished road
Name: Ian
Fire Force's Tacoma Gallery
Remote start is for "drivers" with automatic transmissions. I use the term "driver" loosely, since anyone can drive a go-cart.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #26
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a remote start on every manual transmission car I have ever owned. It is just a habit to leave the vehicle in neutral every time I get out. Can't live without it!!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #27
Fire Force is on a distinguished road
Name: Ian
Fire Force's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I feel weird not putting it in first gear along with the parking brake whenever I get out...
Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #28
fvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mike
fvtalon's Tacoma Gallery
I was staying in some small town motel for work once. About 6am some dude's autostart drives his F150 thru his room's wall.

Okay so it didn't actually go thru the wall but it jumped the 6" curb and hit the wall, knocking the air conditioner out and wrecking a bunch of the brickwork outside and drywall and trim inside.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #29
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvtalon View Post
I was staying in some small town motel for work once. About 6am some dude's autostart drives his F150 thru his room's wall.

Okay so it didn't actually go thru the wall but it jumped the 6" curb and hit the wall, knocking the air conditioner out and wrecking a bunch of the brickwork outside and drywall and trim inside.

WOW. just make sure that doesnt happen. I have a viper on a manual, only use it in the winter when its cold as shit out.... dont see a need for it any other time. let it warm up for a few minutes, then its ready to go by time im out the door.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #30
hvac is on a distinguished road

hvac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
On my Python its doesn't sense if the passenger door is opened or not, so whenever i need something after activating remote start, i just open the passenger door.
installer didn't connect passenger's door trigger on your truck to alarm door trigger input thats why it can't detect.. someone didn't complete his job.