Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help! should I paint satoshi inner grill black or silver!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Help! should I paint satoshi inner grill black or silver!

Trying to decide if I should paint satoshi inner grill (the part that took all the cutting, bondoing, and sanding) black or silver to match outer grill and truck. I think black will look good and deep and hide imperfections better but all color matched look nice also.
Please tell me what you think and I'll go with majority rule or maybe I'll just do a couple rounds of rock, paper, scissors! gloss or flat black?

Update:
Almost done with my Satoshi - Thanks for the advice, I made the inner grill BLACK!

See pic
Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I say black.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I say black.

This
Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
are you staying chrome? then i would say black
Old 06-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post

Old 06-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
are you staying chrome? then i would say black
already painted outer grill silver to match truck now deciding on inner.
Thanks. Looks like black is winning anyone think silver?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Add another vote for Black
Old 06-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #11
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
well I wont be able to sleep for a few days now....
Old 06-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #12

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies! Yeah I wanted to go color matched but after I used a little black primer to see if I had more spots to touch up with the sander and bondo I decided it look nice in black and maybe enhances the depth of the satoshi. Almost done just have to spray a little more and get my mesh. Thanks all.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
GO AKON! ! !
Old 06-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #15

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Update: I chose black and almost done!

Just about finished with my Satoshi. Here's a picture of it. I will have more pic and of how I mounted my fogs soon. I got the grill from partsgeek.com ($40), the mesh from customcargrills.com ($50) (they cut the mesh specifically for the Satoshi and their mesh is super nice!) and some paint, epoxy, bondo and other supplies ($15-20). So about $110 for a colormatched satoshi grill! I ordered the large "TOYOTA" emblem from I think toyotaparts.com ($44) should be here soon. I decided to do it myself even though my time is limited, because I had people who would build them but they wanted $200-250 for usually an unfinished product or in some cases I had to supply all the parts. Don't get me wrong, these guys did great work and believe me it would be worth the money because this is such a labor intensive product but I just wanted to save some money and learn how to do it. I did it during some late night hours, and any few seconds of free time I got. I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Help!  should I paint satoshi inner grill black or silver!-imag0615.jpg  
Old 06-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #16
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrod View Post
Huh?
he means black man haha
Old 06-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #17
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
It came out great. Awesome job man!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #19

Love it. Dont you love bondo now?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #20
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
how did you mount the mesh? also, did customcargrills cut you a little bit more mesh to compensate?? or was it exact cut?

they gave me ALMOST exact cut... in doing so, it doesnt mount sturdy ... and they havent done anything about it... even after i showed them pictures and gave them measurements.... oh wells... been looking at homer's mesh sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrod View Post
Just about finished with my Satoshi. Here's a picture of it. I will have more pic and of how I mounted my fogs soon. I got the grill from partsgeek.com ($40), the mesh from customcargrills.com ($50) (they cut the mesh specifically for the Satoshi and their mesh is super nice!) and some paint, epoxy, bondo and other supplies ($15-20). So about $110 for a colormatched satoshi grill! I ordered the large "TOYOTA" emblem from I think toyotaparts.com ($44) should be here soon. I decided to do it myself even though my time is limited, because I had people who would build them but they wanted $200-250 for usually an unfinished product or in some cases I had to supply all the parts. Don't get me wrong, these guys did great work and believe me it would be worth the money because this is such a labor intensive product but I just wanted to save some money and learn how to do it. I did it during some late night hours, and any few seconds of free time I got. I hope you like it.