Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

trim levels in 05-07 double cabs

Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
neil1967 is on a distinguished road
neil1967's Tacoma Gallery
trim levels in 05-07 double cabs

Hi All,

Looking to buy my 3rd tacoma, an 05-07 double cab, and wondering if anyone knew about different trim packages for the double-cabs. In looking at a few of them so far, I've noticed certain groupings of features and wondering if there are specific "levels" of trim. For example, I've noticed that for the ones that have no 110 outlet in the bed, they have a soft cloth interior and often have some kind of pinstriping. For ones that do have the 110 outlet that aren't TRD, they have mesh seats but no pinstriping. Then, of course, the TRD's have the outlet and mesh seats, along with the different suspension. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

There are three major trim packages (SR5, TRD OR, TRD Sport):

SR5: an interior option package including things like power windows, power mirrors, leather steering wheel and shifter knob, and a couple other things.

SR5 #2 I think it was just an upgraded seat for the TRD but I'm not sure what the difference between the first two were.

TRD Off-Road: Off road tuned Bilstein suspension, chrome bumpers and grill shroud, rear electronic axle locker, tow package, anti-sway bar, 16" alloy wheels

TRD Sport: Sport tuned Bilstein suspension, color matched bumpers, mirrors and grill shroud, rear limited slip differential, larger Anti-sway bar than the off-road, 17" alloy wheels, hood scoop, tow package

Both of the TRD options include the stuff in the SR5 1 & 2.

The TRD Off-Road and the TRD Sport have the bed outlet. If you saw what looked like a non-TRD with the bed outlet, it either had the decals removed or it was added by the owner. I don't think any non-TRD trucks came with the bed outlet.

Here's a picture of my TRD rear seat's pattern (maybe someone can add a pick of their SR5 seat):
Old 06-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
Welcome to TW

There are three major trim packages (SR5, TRD OR, TRD Sport):

SR5: an interior option package including things like power windows, power mirrors, leather steering wheel and shifter knob, and a couple other things.

SR5 #2 I think it was just an upgraded seat for the TRD but I'm not sure what the difference between the first two were.

TRD Off-Road: Off road tuned Bilstein suspension, chrome bumpers and grill shroud, rear electronic axle locker, tow package, anti-sway bar, 16" alloy wheels

TRD Sport: Sport tuned Bilstein suspension, color matched bumpers, mirrors and grill shroud, rear limited slip differential, larger Anti-sway bar than the off-road, 17" alloy wheels, hood scoop, tow package

Both of the TRD options include the stuff in the SR5 1 & 2.

The TRD Off-Road and the TRD Sport have the bed outlet. If you saw what looked like a non-TRD with the bed outlet, it either had the decals removed or it was added by the owner. I don't think any non-TRD trucks came with the bed outlet.

Here's a picture of my TRD rear seat's pattern (maybe someone can add a pick of their SR5 seat):
Technically the tow packages were 'options' on all models, but I know some regions wouldn't get shipped TRD's w/o the tow package.

Also I think the SR5 gave you color matched fender flares, variable speed wipers, and fog lights.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
This is good info. Now it makes me wonder if the first truck I looked at, which had the bed outlet and the same seats in your pic was a TRD with decals removed. Hmmm....Is there any way to tell if it's TRD by VIN?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
LaPerouseBay is on a distinguished road

LaPerouseBay's Tacoma Gallery
If it has the ac outlet and nice seats it's very likely a TRD. Another way to tell are the yellow bilstein shocks and probably a compass or something up on the ceiling by the rear view mirror.

Get the vin, call a dealer. They will tell you exactly what option package the truck has, rear end, etc.

They may also want the info on the drivers side door. The trim package and paint code are in there somewhere.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
also, the sr5 comes in 2 packages: JBL and non-JBL
Old 06-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
Here's some pretty darn thorough info I found in another forum: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...tacoma-models/

-----

Enhancement Package (HE) -- Defroster-linked air conditioning and 15-in. styled steel wheels with P215/70R15 tires
Standard Package #1 (BZ) -- Defroster-linked air conditioning and slidingrearwindow
Standard Package #2 (BY) -- Defroster-linked conditioning, bucket seats with center console and sliding rear window
Convenience Package #1 (CP) -- power windows/door locks/outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control and sliding rear window with privacy glass
SR5 Package #1 (SE) -- Standard Package #2 plus chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, variableintermittentwindshieldwipers, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, and SR5 badging and upgraded seat fabric
SR5 Package #2 (SL) -- Convenience Package #1 plus chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift lever, variable intermittent windshield wipers, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, and SR5 badging and upgraded seat fabric and driver’s seat with lumbar support (4-cylinder models)
SR5 Package #3 (SN) -- SR5 Package #2 plus fog lamps (V6 models)
SR5 Package #4 (UH) -- SR5 Package #2 plus 16-in. alloy wheels with P245/75R16 tires (4-cylinder models)
SR5 Package #5 (SF) -- SR5 Package #2 plus fog lamps and 16-in. alloy wheels with P245/75R16 tires (V6 models)
SR5 Package #6 (SG) -- SR5 Package #3 plus limited-slip rear differential
SR5 Package #7 (SH) -- SR5 Package #3 plus limited-slip rear differential and TowingEquipment (see desc. below)
SR5 Package #8 (SJ) -- SR5 Package #5 plus limited-slip rear differential and Towing Equipment (V6 models) (see desc. below)
TRD Off-Road Package #1 (OC) -- SR5 Package #3 plus off-road tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail T/A tires, locking rear differential, engine skidplate and fuel tank protector, front towhook, 115V/400-watt deck mounted power outlet, multi-function overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, sport seats with sport fabric and driver's lumbar support and sport fabric, and TRD Off-Road graphics (V6 models)
TRD Off-Road Package #2 (OG) -- TRD Off-Road Package with Towing Equipment (V6 models) (see desc. below)
TRD Sport Package #1 (PY) -- Sport suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 17-in. alloy wheels with P265/65R17 tires, limited-slip rear differential, 115V/400-watt deck-mounted power outlet, fog lamps, power windows/door locks/outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control, variable intermittent windshield wipers, multi-function overhead console with compass and outside temperature gauge, color-keyed grille surround/bumpers/mirrors/door handles/overfenders, sliding rear window with privacy glass, sport seats with driver’s lumbar support and sport fabric trim, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, and TRD Sport graphics (V6 models)
TRD Sport Package #2 (PT) -- TRD Sport Package #1 with Towing Equipment (V6 models) (see desc. below)
TRD Sport Package #3 (PM) -- TRD Sport Package #1 plus auto-dimming electrochromic rearview mirror
TRD Sport Package #4 (PK) -- TRD Sport Package #1 plus auto-dimming electrochromic rearview mirror and Towing Equipment (V6 models) (see desc. below)
Towing Equipment (TO) -- Class IV towinghitch, transmission oil cooler (automatic transmission models), supplemental engine oil cooler, heavy-duty battery, 130-amp alternator and 7-pin connector with converter
Old 07-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
freightman is on a distinguished road
Name: whittington
freightman's Tacoma Gallery
good info!!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
isn't it? I was able, based on the rim and tire size of my truck (and based on which trim packages have that size), to establish that I do have a TRD off-road Taco even though someone removed the decals!