1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Monroe Reflex Shocks?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Redhed, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Jun 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM
    Redhed

Redhed [OP] Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Polk Audio components, Rammat sound deadening & Ensolite, blacked out emblems, color matched grill, rhinolined rear bumper, shorty antenna, nerf bars, black Toyota trail edition rims, Sockmonkey vinyl, retrofit overhead temp/compass, JDM Altezza tailights, JDM Black Crystal headlights, Hella Black Magic driving lights, 20" dual row LED light bar.
    I'm not sure if this belongs in the suspension section or not. I've got an 06 prerunner with stock suspension. I know, it's shocking, but yes, it's not lifted, and want to keep it stock. All I want to do is soften the ride. It's my daily commuter and I put about 50 highway miles on it every day. It's got about 80,000 miles on it and the stock shocks need to go. Has anyone on here gone the Monroe Reflex route? If so, how much better was the ride after? If not Monroe, any other suggestions? Thanks for the help. :(

2. Jun 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I've got the stock black shocks off my 2010, they're perty soft. If you're interested let me know. If not, monroe sensa tracs are soft, if ya got extra cash the rancho rs 9000xl's are adjustable and pretty bad ass.

3. Jun 10, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    Redhed

Redhed [OP] Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Polk Audio components, Rammat sound deadening & Ensolite, blacked out emblems, color matched grill, rhinolined rear bumper, shorty antenna, nerf bars, black Toyota trail edition rims, Sockmonkey vinyl, retrofit overhead temp/compass, JDM Altezza tailights, JDM Black Crystal headlights, Hella Black Magic driving lights, 20" dual row LED light bar.
    Thanks for responding. I've considered the Rancho's too. I'm probably going to upgrade beyond stock, but thanks for the offer on yours. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top