Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Rear Squeaky Springs

Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
norge2000 is on a distinguished road
norge2000's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Rear Squeaky Springs

Ok, I brought my 2009 Tacoma DC into toyota to have the rear springs taken care of under the TSB that Toyota has fo this problem. I was told by the service manager that this TSB had been suspended due to the failure rate of the supposed fix. I am looking at trying to get the dealer to do the TSB for the 4 leaf spring leaf replacement due to harsh ride (I bottom out too when I carry heavy loads in bed). I was not hot on this because I until recently did not have to carry more then 300-400 pounds in the bed. Truck would sit low, but I never really hit the stops unless I hit a pothole. So what I am curious about is has anyone here had a problem with the 4 leaf springs squeaking? I am looking at the 4 leaf spring to solve two issues at same time.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Simms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
Simms65's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Simms65
There's a sticky at the top of the forum full of everyone who's had and fixed the squeaky leaf problem, including me.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I had the TSB done last year. And now I have the squeak on my 4 leaf pack. Since these things started being built in the Good Ole US of A quality has gone right down the toilet. They might be Japanese parts, but assembled in America. How come Canada and Mexico already have the 4 leafs on their truck from the factory. This is a vent, but I don't think Toyota cares about the American people.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Noises that aren't damaging are ignorable.....and no, toyota doesn't care about the American PEOPLE, they care about American DOLLARS. Adjust accordingly.