I have a 2009 OR that I bought new. It currently has 21,000 miles on it. I have had the following warranty or TSB done on it.
1. Rear Leaf TSB. Great improvement, I tow a lot and this has helped. Why it is not like this from the factory is a mystery to me.(found on TW)
2. Steering Shaft TSB. Drove me nuts on our 7 mile dirt road to a family cabin. (found on TW).
3. Passenger Seat Rattle. TSB to cut alignment pins. Fixed (Found on TW)
4. Passenger side valve cover leaked. Fixed under warranty.
5. Blower Motor. Fixed under warranty (found on TW).
I have had this truck in the shop 5 different times now and am wondering what's next. My 08 (Wife's) 4Runner is going strong with NO issues. This may sound petty, but 5 times in the shop is a bit excessive for a truck with 20k miles. The only issue that was optional was the rear add a leaf. I just paid off the truck and am hoping for gas and oil only for awhile. As of today, no issues that are "bothering me". However I only have about another year of warranty. So the question is what's next??? Is there any other issues that are common that I should be on the lookout for? All of these problems seem like poor quality control. I like the truck, but if much more happens.. It's going to get replaced with a Tundra.