Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011.. Doors don't close well

Old 06-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
SeaTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Perry
SeaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
2011.. Doors don't close well

I have a 2011 Prerunner Access Cab and have driven about 1,000 miles so far and since day 1 the doors (both) don't close easily...75 % of the ime it takes two trys to get them completely closed. And when opening the doors they seem to be "sticky". I have tried opening the rear window a couple of inches in case it is so air tight...didn't help...

Before I take it to the dealer...is this common? Do your doors do the same thing?

Thanks for your input...
Perry
Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Mine does the same. I just muscle it.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
resident know-nothing
transplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud oftransplant has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: theo
transplant's Tacoma Gallery
i feel like i have to but a bit more force into closing my doors, but no trouble opening them at all.. im just about 1200 miles and its less often now but i have to look to make sure its actually shut.. sometimes it just doesnt sound like it shut properly.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I had to slam the driver side front door a little harder from day 1. I took it to the dealer the following weekend and they simply adjusted it. It's fine now.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Your doors are not aligned properly. I had to have the alignment of my passenger door properly adjusted by a good body shop (not the dealer) in order to get it to close correctly. Now it is no porblem.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Can't you just adjust it yourself? It's not rocket science and no way in hell would I pay someone so my doors shut on a new truck. Once the body lines are good (assuming they are) all you have to do is adjust the (2) strike bolts
I had a brand new truck and wanted it done right so I took it to a body man that I knew had a great deal of experience. He ended up adjusting the doors on both sides and IMHO it was money well spent. Thye both work great now.

I understand your aggravation that a dealer would sell a vehcile and not adjust it properly but my experience with dealers causes me to only make two visits to them during the course of a vehicle's life. Once to buy it and the next time to trade it. I have every bit of non-warranty maintenance or repair done by someone else.

YMMV