Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

headers!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
john3:16 is on a distinguished road
john3:16's Tacoma Gallery
headers!

so im thinking about purchasing the jba headers for my tacoma from URD (JBA Headers, Tacoma 05+ 4.0L V6) and was wondering if anyone else had these and how they liked them? or if anyone else would reccomend a different pair of headers? i also have a trd intake and trd cat back exhaust... (also thinking about replacing exhaust with a flowmaster) website also states that the headers need a little welding.. does anyone know what kind of welding?

thanks hope to hear back from the community
Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I would recommend getting the Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers. They make good quality products.

Not saying that JBA doesn't though.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:01 AM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
JBA. short tubes.The welding they're talking about is you reweld your cats back on. The DT.long tubes,you leave the cats off.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
SoCalTacoma is on a distinguished road
SoCalTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend the dt longtube header, Noticable power gain.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Those that have installed the JBA's have not been happy.
I've heard nothing about positive comments from those installing the Thorley Long tubes.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmtnbik View Post
Those that have installed the JBA's have not been happy.
I've heard nothing about positive comments from those installing the Thorley Long tubes.

im very happy with my jbas. the ones that arent did a shitty ass weld job and were not ported out.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
uuc328 is on a distinguished road

uuc328's Tacoma Gallery
i've had my eye on the thorley short tubes. i dont want too much noise from the cat removal
Old 10-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't even bother upgrading my headers unless I removed a pair of cats. I bet the noise only gets bad at full throttle
Old 10-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #9

uuc328's Tacoma Gallery
what about emission testing wo cats? i cant imagine it passing and i am not interested in switching them out for the test
Old 10-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #10
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuc328 View Post
what about emission testing wo cats? i cant imagine it passing and i am not interested in switching them out for the test
it all depends on what kind of tests they do. In Louisiana they do a visual inspection after 5 years. I think they'd be happy if they saw a pair of cats.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #11

uuc328's Tacoma Gallery
tail pipe emission testing here in Texas.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #12
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

u will not pass a sniffer test if u get long tubes
Old 10-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #13
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
what about with the shortys couldnt he pass that
Old 10-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #14
Tuned By Gadget

shorties will pass because u will still have ur front set of cats
Old 10-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #15
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cool.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #16
john3:16 is on a distinguished road
john3:16's Tacoma Gallery
so my decision is kinda leaning toward the long tubes but havent really researched about the shorts... has anyone in california with the long tubes gotten flack from the local authorities? do the long tubes get that much louder? and if i go with the short tubes should i get jba shorts or the thorley shorts?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The Long tube headers will throw a CEL unless an O2 sim is used.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #18

if you get shortys, they are probly gonna be an easier install. it takes about two hours to install the dt shortys though
Old 10-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #19

will the shortys throw an code on the ECU
Old 10-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #20
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
will the shortys throw an code on the ECU
No,Because you reweld the cats on.