Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DYI Silver Color MatchPaint Job on CBI Trailrider Rear Bumper

Old 06-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #21
AnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura about

AnotherSilverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
that looks real good. Different is good.
Dare to be different!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #22
AnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAnotherSilverTaco has a spectacular aura about

Here is a picture of the paint and test card

Here is a picture of the paint and the test card for those interested in doing this. I would really like to see what a front bumper would look like! Somebody do it!
Attached Thumbnails
DYI Silver Color MatchPaint Job on CBI Trailrider Rear Bumper-spray-paint.jpg  
Old 07-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #23
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
Just poking in here via the SEARCH function...

I've got some problematic areas on my 96 that I want to spray so I did a Google search for "1996 Toyota paint codes".
Automotivetouchup.com came up in the results & I was curious to see if anyone here had used it, sooooo....
I searched & this seemed to be the most logical place for me to butt in

aw damn... forgot what my question was.

let me go eat dinner & I'll be back
Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #24

Dude you've been eating for a month!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #25
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery

yeah, sorry about that

I was in the middle of a last-minute desperation attempt to find some touch-up paint & ended up going to the dealership for a couple touch-up pens instead... they're okay, but I have a lot of pits in the orange peel between the rear wheel & the front of the bed. I think spray paint would probably be a better option for my case, but I'll probably give the pen a try since I bought two of 'em.

The main reason I was considering going the spray paint route was that I was considering painting my Xenon flares to match my truck... I've since decided to keep 'em black, which looks better IMO and it's a whole lot cheaper.

I'm glad this product worked well for you.
I wouldn't be afraid to try it after seeing your results.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #26
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the tip! Im gonna order some up to paint my grill.