Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

temp gauge/compass out

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Barry J will become famous soon enoughBarry J will become famous soon enough

Barry J's Tacoma Gallery
temp gauge/compass out

I looked up and noticed my temp gauge/compass light was out, went into a store drove down the road, then noticed it was on again, then after a few minutes...it went out again....
any suggestions???
thanks
Barry
Old 06-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-temp-fix.html

solution
Old 06-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
X2...ive fixed like 6 already ...n i still have to fix mine haha
Old 06-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Barry J will become famous soon enoughBarry J will become famous soon enough

Barry J's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I seen that post, but didn't know what the symptoms were, We just took my truck out , and the light was out all the way to the restaurant, then when we got out, we were driving down the street, and I told my wife about it..at this point it was "out"..and then 2 minutes later we looked up and it was on and stayed on all the way home.
Would that fix in the post help my situation???
thanks
Barry
Old 06-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry J View Post
Would that fix in the post help my situation???
thanks
Barry
Definitely. I've fixed 3 of these things on trucks at my work. Still waiting for mine to die.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Preventive maintenance! Put a little dot of this stuff on each of the resistor contact points and never worry about it coming un-soldered!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/b70c/
Old 06-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
The intermittent on and off symptoms you are experiencing is the early onset that your display will fail permanently. Mine did that before It totally died. The solder joint is coming loose on the resistor that's why it works on and off.

Products Discussed in this Thread