Extra toggle switches for us

View Poll Results: What do you think of this mod
Clean & Usefull 251 90.61%
Clean & Not-usefull 6 2.17%
Tacky but usefull 18 6.50%
Useless mod all around 6 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #21
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Did you paint the panels left and right of the radio or did you purchase those separately?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #22
life. It goes on.
johnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nice

Army:
Name: John
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
i painted the ac control panel, and the head unit dash kit blue, its clearcoated and polished.

then the 2 mid vents is one piece that comes silver from the factory unless u have the base model then it comes black, but when i took the dash apart to get to the panel were i added the toggle switches i took it out, preped and painted it black cuz since i painted the other 2 panels blue that silver was out of place.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #23
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
subd looks good man!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #24
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that looks great. Is there a write-up on how that panel where you have your switches come off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh7 View Post
i did a 3rd brake light mod using a chevy colorado 3rd brake light so i have cargo lights now.
Totally off topic, does the Chevy Colorado 3rd breake light fit? Is there a write-up on the mod? I would love to have cargo lights.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
life. It goes on.
johnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nice

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
i can make a write up on how to make the colorado light, its realy easy but i think theres already one out there... and to get that panel off u have to remove, glove box, drivers kick panel, drivers under panel, gauge cover, Head unit, ac controls, and the 2 inner vents...

if you have a haynes manual it will tell you...
Old 06-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #27
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
no not direct fit u have to cut aprox 1"sq on each side then drill wholes and insert the factory plastic screw tabs that ur truck has and cut the factory plug off the OEM 3rd brake light and wire it to the new one then ground the cargo lights to the bake light ground and run a hot wire from the back through the headliner down the drivers side rear and through the channel up to were ever your putting a switch to it. look at my build and i show u some more pics on it if interested.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #29
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
very good job,i like it
Old 06-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #30
nyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud of

Name: Sean
nyfishhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh7 View Post
here are the part numbers

i got them from sparkstoyota with 1 wiring harnes for about $115 shipped.

it was a lil pricy but i like the stock/clean look

Would these switches be plug and play for Tacomas with the existing fog light switch? It would be nice to be able to see when they are on.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #32
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
for hookedontronics--- to each its own buddy....

for nyfishhunter--- no because these are a 6pin plug not a 4pin like the OEM fog light switch is, but it wouldnt be hard at all to add... because all you would need to do is ground the switch like shown on my schematics pdf i posted and ull be good. the pdfs are located on page 1 posts 14 and 15 of this thread.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #33
nyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud of

Name: Sean
nyfishhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the information. For what is worth, I really like and appreciate the work you've done on your truck. I am still amazed a creative ideas people continue to think-up and the guts people have to tear things apart and actually do it!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #34
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
are there OEM fog light/light switches that fits the smaller holes below the radio???????????
Old 06-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #35
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supralight View Post
are there OEM fog light/light switches that fits the smaller holes below the radio???????????
nope, the ones down there are a bit smaller.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #36
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
looks nice man! un like some others i think it looks clean. and is very usefull!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #37
chaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud of
Navy: AS2
Name: Chad
chaddawkins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
love the switches, hate the blue
x2
Old 07-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #39
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of usb ports do you have and where did you locate them?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #40
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
look at the last pic from post #1 and ull see 2 cut outs right under the CB mic hanger...

I bought some cheap ebay cig lighter ones and tor them apart.

Products Discussed in this Thread