Extra toggle switches for us

View Poll Results: What do you think of this mod
Clean & Usefull 251 90.61%
Clean & Not-usefull 6 2.17%
Tacky but usefull 18 6.50%
Useless mod all around 6 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #41
BLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Iain
BLACKnBLUE's Tacoma Gallery
For some reason it never occurred to me to put switches there. I have the off-road package complete with downhill-assist, and the power outlet in the truck bed, so all my stock push-button switches are in use. Eventually I plan on getting more lights (a set of fog and extra driving lights) and will need to put those switches somewhere. I like this set up! Nicely done!

I was just thinking, how cool it'd be if you could use a touchscreen stereo HU to control the lighting. It might not be as handy, but if there was an on-screen button for lighting control always present on the LCD screen, then you could have as many lights as you wanted and would never have to clutter up the dash with switches. I can only dream...
Old 07-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #43
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh7 View Post
here are the part numbers

i got them from sparkstoyota with 1 wiring harnes for about $115 shipped.

it was a lil pricy but i like the stock/clean look
Very nice , thank you
Old 07-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #44
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck, I wish I was good at electrical wiring--I suck!!!

Great Job!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #45
life. It goes on.
johnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nice

Army:
Name: John
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys... i have to say i traded my truck in last week... due to my injuries i couldnt hold on to it anymore...

if anybody is in the area of Savannah, GA and wants to buy it from the dealership let me know and ill hook u up, i know the owner of the dealership...

thanks for all those comments guys...
Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #46
life. It goes on.
johnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nice

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
here is the link for some parts im trying to sell and also im trying to clean out the garage out

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ut-garage.html
Old 07-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #47
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Looks great man. My dash is filled with ATRAC and VSC buttons so I was looking for a way to mount extra switched in case I needed them in the future.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #49
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job. Clean and factory look
Old 09-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #50
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice and clean. How much room is back there behind the trim piece?
Old 09-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #51
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Looks very clean. Nicely done
Old 09-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #52
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that looks sick! good idea on having a switch to turn off the amp when the truck is off that alone will save you some headache, use the first switch to turn on and off the flux capacitor. lol nah but nice clean install, looks OEM
Old 11-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #53
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, but you are missing some lights on your dash.

Edit: can we see the colorado 3rd light, that is a cool mod.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:28 AM   #54
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbedSinner View Post
Looks nice and clean. How much room is back there behind the trim piece?
There isnt any room, theres a little plastic bar that goes back there but if u cut it just right you will have all the room in the world for the switches and wiring.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #55
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Looks good, but you are missing some lights on your dash.

Edit: can we see the colorado 3rd light, that is a cool mod.
i would like to say thanks for the 4x4 switch light bezel that is awesome...

to all you guys out there its very easy and usefull.

And if you are refering to that well im was a satisfied customer until i sold the truck.

the colorado mod is cool and bright as hell... nice thing is when somwone was tailing me i would just flash it before i would resort to tapping the brake lights
Old 11-27-2011, 06:30 AM   #56
Wallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard:
Wallygater's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome and great write up.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #57
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
looks good I like it
Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #58
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Looks great man. My dash is filled with ATRAC and VSC buttons so I was looking for a way to mount extra switched in case I needed them in the future.
^^^Yeah this^^^

Great mod, sorry you couldn't hold onto the truck. Thank you for your service.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #59
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i would like to say thanks for the 4x4 switch light bezel that is awesome...

to all you guys out there its very easy and usefull.

And if you are refering to that well im was a satisfied customer until i sold the truck.

the colorado mod is cool and bright as hell... nice thing is when somwone was tailing me i would just flash it before i would resort to tapping the brake lights
Oh, i thought you haven't lighted the 4x4 switch yet. Opps!
Thanks for your patronage.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #60
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
so this is what my switch panel looks like now

OP (if you're still around) - Just curious... What is that small black square box with a gray square button on the right side of this panel?

BTW - Clean install on those switches & thanks for the part numbers of the others!