View Poll Results: What do you think of this mod
Clean & Usefull 251 90.61%
Clean & Not-usefull 6 2.17%
Tacky but usefull 18 6.50%
Useless mod all around 6 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
life. It goes on.
johnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nice

Army:
Name: John
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
Extra toggle switches for us

Ok guys now i know that we have 6 spots for aux switches. in my case i only had 3 left since 1 was used for the canceld clutch switch, 1 for the stock fog lights and 1 for the stock bed inverter.

I will add brush guard lights and i did a 3rd brake light mod using a chevy colorado 3rd brake light so i have cargo lights now.

so this is what my switch panel looks like now

that last spot will be used for a in cab inverter that i will add eventualy so that spot already is used.

Now i wanted to have more switches just in case i would add something else i would wana control with a on/off switch.

so here is the switch i used.

here is the link if u want to get some
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_500wt_956

its up to your discretion if you use 3, 4, 5 or 6. I used 5.

hers is the wiring i did for them to work.

now i designed this layout to use these switches using the 12vdc source as the cig lighter to the switch and from the switch to activate a relay that way there is no over load on the wiring and no blown fuses.

this is how my switches look.

Before look

and now this is how it looks fully installed in the truck.

from left to right i will dedicate each switch a number 1,2,3,4,5.

so far 1,2 and 3 are not used yet but 4 is used to power 4 5vdc USB charging ports i have installed and switch 5 is used as a on/off switch for my sub amp.

I take my lunch to work and i eat in my truck while watching a movie or a episode of something and i dint want the amp on while the truck is off for any period of times.

so i hope this helps anybody out with adding switches to there trucks.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 06-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
life. It goes on.
johnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nice

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
here are the part numbers

i got them from sparkstoyota with 1 wiring harnes for about $115 shipped.

it was a lil pricy but i like the stock/clean look
Old 06-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean looking, I like it.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
bigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud of
Name: mike
bigyetti's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet write up. Super clean.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
OP, your install looks awesome, i might use your idea but put in covered flip switches instead.

and if i remember correctly someone also got the stock looking switches under a scion part number and they were significantly cheaper
Old 06-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Would like more info on the chevy brake/cargo light
X2
Old 06-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailerc View Post
OP, your install looks awesome, i might use your idea but put in covered flip switches instead.

and if i remember correctly someone also got the stock looking switches under a scion part number and they were significantly cheaper

here is the link:
http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45
Old 06-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
Those scion ones don't look and function like factory ones. And it requires some trimming to fit them in the stock position, i try to make everything simetrical and look even.

i will be posting wiring diagrams on those FJ Cruiser switches later so if u guys want them just stay tuned for them...
Old 06-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys here is the layout for the 6pin plugs used on FJC aux switches. I will make one for our switches also so that way its out there for other people.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 6pin FJC Aux switch layout.pdf (134.1 KB, 438 views)
Old 06-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #14
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
and just incase anybody need a schematic on how to wire stuff... here u go.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf simple shematic.pdf (131.2 KB, 402 views)
Old 06-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #17
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
I am totally impressed by this... This would be neat for aux. lights.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #18
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
i thought i would be a great idea since we are limited on how many switches, then if u do functional mods like, cargo/bed lights, added fog lights, another inverter and heated mirrors theres realy not much left.

with these i power my remot wire for my sub and a set of 4 USB charging pors i instaled. i will eventualy figure out other things for the last 3...
Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #20
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job on the switches man they look good.