Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Gibson Tip Location... Does it look good where its at?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Gibson Tip Location... Does it look good where its at?

I am thinking of tucking it in more so its not sticking out so much... what do you guys think?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
cut it off and dump it close to the axle......it may be a little louder, but you wont see the tip!!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
cut it off and dump it close to the axle......it may be a little louder, but you wont see the tip!!
Won't you get a little droning in the cab that way? I kinda like the look of this tip tho lol
Old 10-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Won't you get a little droning in the cab that way? I kinda like the look of this tip tho lol
i was joking man......yeah, you'll get alotta drone in the cab. i say leave it where its at....it doesnt look too bad anyway.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery

I located my tips very close to the panel bottom because where Toyota had the original tailpipe exiting was IMO gumby I wish your pics showed- but I hope this helps you visualize
Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #6

Lol oh... You don't think it sticks out a little to far? I hate being so damn anal with things... I need to be more carefree and not such a perfectionist.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #7

Hmm I see it looks good more tucked. Anybody here with a Gibson have pics of there's set up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I located my tips very close to the panel bottom because where Toyota had the original tailpipe exiting was IMO gumby I wish your pics showed- but I hope this helps you visualize
Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
Agreed. It's no louder and won't get smashed on rocks.
Attached Thumbnails
Gibson Tip Location... Does it look good where its at?-img_0423.jpg