Notices

Double Cab OEM Tube Steps Help Needed

Old 06-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
g7evans is on a distinguished road
Name: Garrett
g7evans's Tacoma Gallery
Double Cab OEM Tube Steps Help Needed

Hello All,

New to the site. Have bounced around on here a lot in the past few days and have gotten a lot of great info. Quick question.....I recently purchased a 2007 double cab and would like to put some tube step on. In looking around I found that the ones i like the best are the OEM tube steps that are powder coated silver. only problem is that i can not find them for the double cab anywhere (only single and access cabs). i called my local dealership and they told me they do not have the ability to order them any more. any advise on where i can get them? and if i can't, any suggestions on what would be similar or look good? i like the silver powder coat becasue the powder coat is is the same color of my truck. Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Xanti is on a distinguished road
Xanti's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the style you are referring to?
Attached Thumbnails
Double Cab OEM Tube Steps Help Needed-image04.jpg  
Old 06-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
yup those gotta be the ones. well your best bet is to try and find them on craigslist or on our Sales forum. my cousin is trying to find some also (new ones) but no luck
Old 06-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
g7evans's Tacoma Gallery
yes, those are the ones i am looking for. i can find them for the access cab but not for the double cab short bed
Old 06-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
Xanti's Tacoma Gallery
So the pair that are on the picture that I posted I'm getting rid of. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
g7evans's Tacoma Gallery
why are you getting rid of them, what type of condition are they in, and what are you looking to get for them?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
Xanti's Tacoma Gallery
I just lifted my truck and am putting sliders on so I know longer need them. The steps are in good condition no dents or scratches. I can send you a PM with pictures. I was just getting ready to list the steps on Craigslist this weekend and hoping to get 200.00.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
g7evans's Tacoma Gallery
send me a close up picture...... very interested........ i'm in va. where would they be shipped from?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
Xanti's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in California. I'll try and get you the pictures tonight but if not I'll send them to you tomorrow for sure.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
g7evans's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good. does the $200 include shipping?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #13
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfTaco View Post
Ha. I shipped my oem's from nc to the midwest and shipping alone was over $140!
Couldnt you just wrap 'em up real tight with pallet wrap and cardboard and just send em UPS or fedex? I've seen tons of long, heavy boxes in UPS trucks before. They'll get beat up (which is why you wrap the hell out of them) but otherwise stay intact. Price of maybe $20-30 per bar? Something to check out.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #16
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
Couldnt you just wrap 'em up real tight with pallet wrap and cardboard and just send em UPS or fedex? I've seen tons of long, heavy boxes in UPS trucks before. They'll get beat up (which is why you wrap the hell out of them) but otherwise stay intact. Price of maybe $20-30 per bar? Something to check out.
Thats what i did. UPS was cheapest.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #17
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, Toyota took them off the market.
Again, FYI, I'm just trying to help, no hate from the sellers, please, you guys know this is true.
Unless you have a kid or a wife that "really" needs them to get in the truck (like me), they are useless.
Very bad design, I don't use them they are to close to the cab, if you get on them you are too high, they get your pants dirty when u get out the truck on rainy days. I can't wait to take them off.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #18
RichardTRD will become famous soon enough

Name: Richard
RichardTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think Toyota only has the black ones available. Silver was dicontinued.