Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone have any experience with toyota loyalty?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any experience with toyota loyalty?

When I bought my 2011 taco, the dealer made me aware of the toyota loyalty program where regardless of credit, if you make all 12 payments on time, you qualify for 0% on your next purchase.

I love my AC but would like to look at a DC as more lockable storage and people-space is attractive to me. I anticipate at the end of the year, I'll owe about $15k on my AC. My interest rate is currently pretty high. My credit wasn't the greatest but I have an awesome job that pays great and I need a good, reliable vehicle thats why I got the taco.

I am wondering if its even worth rolling $2k into a new loan if thats a trade-difference to get a brand new DC at 0% - or keep the AC and continue to rack the miles. my employer re-imburses me at the IRS rate so essentially my vehicle is free out of pocket - or costs me very little to own. And once the loan is satisfied, it will actually make money. Anyone with some advice?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...-4-banger.html

Has anyone had experience with this program?
Old 06-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota has a program like that? Wow, after 4 Toyotas, I had no clue.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
MAPLENUTS is on a distinguished road
Name: STEVEN
MAPLENUTS's Tacoma Gallery
Historically you get killed on the trade in, especially during the first year. Big part of the depreciation hit.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^X2. I think the trade difference will be more than $2K. There's the depreciation on your new truck, and the price difference between Access Cab and Double Cab.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Odo miles?
Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't heard of this program. Is this only available after 12 mos of payments? Kbb lists 2010 around 19000$ in my region for priv party, so getting trade value of 17$k may be tough. However, even with slight negative equity, depending on current apr, 0% may save you money ov er the life of loan and you'll have what u really want.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Odo miles?
I bought it in feb and have 13,500. Will prob have 35k after 1 year.

I am wondering if the depreciation hit will balance out the amortization of the loan. Though I am on pace to pay the 6 year note in 3.

Decisions, decisions..
Old 06-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
I traded in my 09 prerunner for a 2011 4x4 got 0% interest. Paid $26500 for the 09 they gave me $24000 trade in. Paid $30000 w/ttl for the 2011. No money down and they made my first two months payment. It also helped that my friend bought a truck too.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #9

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletaco View Post
I traded in my 09 prerunner for a 2011 4x4 got 0% interest. Paid $26500 for the 09 they gave me $24000 trade in. Paid $30000 w/ttl for the 2011. No money down and they made my first two months payment. It also helped that my friend bought a truck too.
NICE!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #10

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5iiawah View Post
I bought it in feb and have 13,500. Will prob have 35k after 1 year.

I am wondering if the depreciation hit will balance out the amortization of the loan. Though I am on pace to pay the 6 year note in 3.

Decisions, decisions..
Yeah, I'd say especially since your making such large payment you should be gtg. And I thought I put a lot of miles on.

BTW, nice Fuelly numbers man!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
What interest rate are they currently charging you?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
What interest rate are they currently charging you?
I'd prefer not to say.

I will be honest in that its not great, and I only got the loan because I made enough that with mileage and salary that I would pay it off early.

I was an idiot -not so much anymore but even a high interest rate doesn't sting as badly when a loan is paid off in 1/2 the time. The dealer must have been licking his chops and I knew it. The best thing I can do is trade in for a 0% or agressively pay it off. I am in a position to do both so we shall have to see.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5iiawah View Post
When I bought my 2011 taco, the dealer made me aware of the toyota loyalty program where regardless of credit, if you make all 12 payments on time, you qualify for 0% on your next purchase.

I love my AC but would like to look at a DC as more lockable storage and people-space is attractive to me. I anticipate at the end of the year, I'll owe about $15k on my AC. My interest rate is currently pretty high. My credit wasn't the greatest but I have an awesome job that pays great and I need a good, reliable vehicle thats why I got the taco.

I am wondering if its even worth rolling $2k into a new loan if thats a trade-difference to get a brand new DC at 0% - or keep the AC and continue to rack the miles. my employer re-imburses me at the IRS rate so essentially my vehicle is free out of pocket - or costs me very little to own. And once the loan is satisfied, it will actually make money. Anyone with some advice?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...-4-banger.html

Has anyone had experience with this program?

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! This is my 4th brand new fucking Toyota purchased in 15 years. I bought em all at the same dealership from the same guy and I've never heard of that shit before.