1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bezel, swith, plug, dash section removal.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by longbow, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Oct 10, 2008 at 9:57 AM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I don't know if this should be placed here, so if it is moved that's cool.

I notice in alot of the posts people are using screwdrivers to remove the section of the dash they want to take off. Just to let you all know their is a great tool for this job, and the cost is about the same as a quality screwdriver.
    If is from Pro.Fit part #DM-40-22, it is a boot knife shaped item made out of a hard plastic/polly.
    Boy, does it do wonders and doesn't leave a scratch or distort the plactic like I have seen other things do.
    I picked it up to remove the pieces (dash) on my old Tundra, and it works great on the Tacoma. Plus I have used it on other rides, with no issues.

Just thought I would let you all know...:)

2. Oct 10, 2008 at 10:00 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Thanks for the idea!

Products Discussed in