Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Auto Drivers Side Window

Old 10-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
HarborWhaler is on a distinguished road
HarborWhaler's Tacoma Gallery
Auto Drivers Side Window

On my last Toyota, the auto switch gave you both auto down and up for your window. My new 08 Tacoma just gives you auto down. Is this correct or do I have a bad programed switch? Thanks, -HarborWhaler
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Its correct all tacomas have that, unless you install something to change that.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
I have never seen a auto up, I'd guess it would be dangerous.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
my wife's cr-v has the auto up. It is a nice feature. I'm pretty sure the motor would stall out before suffocating me.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
My Wife's 04 Sienna has both up and down. Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe my button was not programed correctly. -HarborWhaler.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Its correct all tacomas have that, unless you install something to change that.

Are you saying all Tacomas have auto up. If so how do I get mine to work?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im saying they dont, i should have worded it better
Old 10-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
could it be done?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com

If you get the right module a buddy put it with his alarm so that they go up and down with his alarm
Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
smokey28723 is on a distinguished road
smokey28723's Tacoma Gallery
My wife's 05 4-runner has the auto up feature
Old 10-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborWhaler View Post
My Wife's 04 Sienna has both up and down. Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe my button was not programed correctly. -HarborWhaler.
Your family has the same setup as ours, 2004 Sienna and 2008 Tacoma, did you had any 2003 Corolla?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #12
That's funny. No, These two Toyota's were my first set. Had some Mazda's and 1986 300TD Mercedes before. -HarborWhaler
Old 10-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Yes it is really funny, but one thing is true once you start with a Toyota you keep the same way, at least keeping the model or upgrading, changing and/or renewing. After a 2000 Ford Explorer we got Corolla (Fuel Saving), Sienna (Family growth), Tacoma (my toy -and everyone fit, 5-).
Old 10-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #14
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
The cars with auto-up must have some sort of sensor to reverse the window if it meets resistance. My father bought a 1976 Gran Torino Squire station wagon (think Griswold Family Truckster). The tailgate window was power. Took a coke can, way back then they weren't thin and they weren't aluminum. He gathered us all up and proceeded to crush the can in the window. Warned us to keep our hands and heads in the car.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:44 AM   #15
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the safety function of the 'auto up' is that the switch to control it has to be pulled upwards to make the window go up, so that if a child/dog steps on the switch while sticking their heads out the window will go down not up. I think the back and forth style switch is not being used anymore.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:15 AM   #16
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
so, can i just go to like best buy and buy an alarm that would have the remote start, and also that would make the windows go up/down when the alarm is engaged/disengaged?
Old 10-11-2008, 05:14 AM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
The cars with auto-up must have some sort of sensor to reverse the window if it meets resistance.
On my Wifes Accord, there is SOMTHING that senses it. When I bought the car, the salesman was eager to stick his hand in the window when it was going up to show that the slightest resistance would revers opperation of the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
My father bought a 1976 Gran Torino Squire station wagon (think Griswold Family Truckster). The tailgate window was power. Took a coke can, way back then they weren't thin and they weren't aluminum. He gathered us all up and proceeded to crush the can in the window. Warned us to keep our hands and heads in the car.
Reminds me of my 1981 Mazda 626. The sunroof motor was THE most powerfull motor in the vehicle. Including the engine. It had a "one touch" sunroof close feature with no sensor, and when I got my hand caught in it one time, I thought I would have to chew my arm off to get it out. I heard the "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" of the motor trying to continue closeing with my hand stuck in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxySandChick View Post
I believe the safety function of the 'auto up' is that the switch to control it has to be pulled upwards to make the window go up, so that if a child/dog steps on the switch while sticking their heads out the window will go down not up. I think the back and forth style switch is not being used anymore.
It only needs to be pulled one time. Only thing that can stop it is another push "down" or an obstruction in the way of the window.