Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Surf Board in bed

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2011, 03:44 AM   #61
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
Use a board pad for the tailgate.....
Been mentioned several times but no one has posted pic tho......
Old 07-06-2011, 03:49 AM   #62
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
google images...

Dude, reeeallly don't need to. Completely know what they look like. Have one even. Was just sayin...............
Old 07-06-2011, 03:50 AM   #63
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
google images...

Have the same one for 8 years, faded but still kicking. If your balling on a budget, take a pool noodle and cut it down the middle and then down to size. If your boards are small and you surf the pocket take said noodle and cut to fit in the bed and there you go boards aren't sliding on the bed floor. If you can't figure this out leave the boards at home as I doubt you can surf.

*for future reference this post is in no way to question your ability to surf or years surfing....its just a statement saying my perception of you if you can't cut down a 2" thick foam noodle or figure out how to get your stick in the truck bed. if you are a kook and you take this personal, i do apologize in advance.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #64
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Dude, reeeallly don't need to. Completely know what they look like. Have one even. Was just sayin...............
meh, you never know...thought the kid was thinking he had to buy the dakine pad for mtb's, which is way more than a simple board pad.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:05 AM   #65
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No need to go all e-peen, nothin to figure out here. Doubt what you want, I doubt you've been on the planet as long as I've been surfing. I damn sure know how to have fun doin it and have been for 35 yrs and that's what matters. I'm pretty sure we have the same amount of world titles and doubt you make any more money doing it than I do so let's just leave it at that. Nobody knows it all or has done it all so keep it in perspective. I was just tryin to get someone to post a pic instead of that bike one...which could double as one too tho.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #66
never summer

Quote:
No need to go all e-peen, nothin to figure out here. Doubt what you want, I doubt you've been on the planet as long as I've been surfing. I damn sure know how to have fun doin it and have been for 35 yrs and that's what matters. I'm pretty sure we have the same amount of world titles and doubt you make any more money doing it than I do so let's just leave it at that. Nobody knows it all or has done it all so keep it in perspective. I was just tryin to get someone to post a pic instead of that bike one...which could double as one too tho.
Wasn't intending to be a dick, nor call you out as Wilbur...was just saying there are other options aside from dakine, fcs, blocksurf, etc. that one could find something next to the pool for free or at target that would work all the same, but if you don't know how to cut it/foam to fit your boards then they are better off at home.

So why try to get someone to post a pic, when a simple search and post can fix all this before you decide to respond to someone giving you what you asked for? Considering all this I'm glad I don't have to share a peak with you cause I'd hate for you to put anything else into perspective for me.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 AM   #67
HEAVY WT will become famous soon enoughHEAVY WT will become famous soon enough
Name: Matthew
HEAVY WT's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1612581

Post 39 is what I made to span my bed. I have used it for bikes and turn my 2nd kayak upside down over my longer kayak. It's a pretty strong set up and was cheap.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #68
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
Wasn't intending to be a dick, nor call you out as Wilbur...
Couldn't tell since you qouted me like I didn't know what a tailgate pad was or how to search for something on the internet. I simply made a statement about no one posting a pic of one after a tailgate pad had been suggested repeatedly in the thread. Nothing taken personal either, it's the internet.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #69
HB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to all
HB Taco's Tacoma Gallery
unsubscribed
Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #70
newb
Rawkus is on a distinguished road

Rawkus's Tacoma Gallery

Saw this on a nissan titan that is parked down the street from me. Does anyone know of a rack similar to this for tacoma's? I think it looks better than the yakima / thule ladder racks and it doesn't appear as bulky (probably because it can't support as much weight.) It also appears easier to remove and store than those ladder racks.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #71
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billyson
TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Since you got a long bed, just put 'em in the back in their bags and call it good. Guys who drive around with their boards visible when they could be stashed out of sight are posing anyway. Sorry to say, but nobody really gives a shit that you're a cool surf dude
Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #72
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBS View Post
Since you got a long bed, just put 'em in the back in their bags and call it good. Guys who drive around with their boards visible when they could be stashed out of sight are posing anyway. Sorry to say, but nobody really gives a shit that you're a cool surf dude
Old 07-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #73
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't read the whole thread so if this is a repost I apologize. I also posted this on another thread before I saw this one. L2S makes brackets that bolt to the bed cleats that allow use of Yakima or thule crossbars. You can use conduit instead of the Yakima bars for a cheaper alrenative.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #74
drive.n.surf is on a distinguished road

drive.n.surf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who cares how it looks. Just make sure those boards are secure. But saying "just put 'em back and call it good" isn't good enough for me. If you just drive down the street that's fine, but I drive the highways and down access roads to get to the beach. I'm concerned of things flying out of the bed or banging themselves to pieces. I say use a rack and be secure.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #75
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Most guys do care how it looks, as demonstrated by the fools driving around with the tails of their shortboards sticking out of the bed. Don't tell me you haven't seen it?

Boards in the back with a bungee and never lost a board in 25 yrs...with the added benefit of not being recognized as a cool surf dude.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #76
drive.n.surf is on a distinguished road

drive.n.surf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Most guys do care how it looks, as demonstrated by the fools driving around with the tails of their shortboards sticking out of the bed. Don't tell me you haven't seen it?
sure. lots of people i see driving to the beach with their boards hanging over the tailgate. lots of them with boards 8'+ that can't lie out of sight in the bed. so what? but i don't call them fools. i say 'hi' and wish them a good surf day.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #77

TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Guys who drive around with their boards visible when they could be stashed out of sight are posing anyway. Sorry to say, but nobody really gives a shit that you're a cool surf dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.n.surf View Post
sure. lots of people i see driving to the beach with their boards hanging over the tailgate. lots of them with boards 8'+ that can't lie out of sight in the bed. so what? but i don't call them fools. i say 'hi' and wish them a good surf day.
Exactly what I was talkin' about, as you might recall. You keep on doin' good bro
Old 07-31-2011, 06:24 AM   #78
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's my story since I am one of those "guys who drive around with their boards visible".

Sitting at a light heading out to Sandbridge. The Sheriff's "road crew" out cutting the medium. Dude standing there with his weedwacker.

I say, "How you doing man?" He looks at me, looks at the bed of the truck, smiles and said, "Not as good as you."

That's some funny shit ..... .
Old 07-31-2011, 07:07 AM   #79
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Thats why I say look into a THULE kyak rack - it would allow you to strap more than one board sideways in above your bed or in the bed with the gate down. We can usually stack 2-3 per side. A ladder rack would be the same idea.
At first I thought - where is the surf in Idaho ? - Then I thought maybe I'm just stupid and don't know where Idaho is so I googled it and I still don't see where the surf is.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #80
expeditiontaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Felipe
expeditiontaco's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread is kinda dead but if anyones interested...

The Gatekeeper Surf Rack -

My brother had a pair of these on his truck and they were great. it locks your board so its not moving around and you dont have to worry about anyone trying to steal it. theres also a variety of products that you can choose from (in the bed, on the tailgate, etc.)

http://www.dabco-products.com/index....&parent=3&pg=1

Oh and with two locks on the tailgate, we were able to throw another board between the two, so you can still carry multiple boards. And when youre not using the gatekeeper, you slide the rack off and the base is not really visible, so it still looks like youre normal truck bed/tailgate.

Products Discussed in this Thread