Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Non airbag buckets into a 2010 Reg cab

Old 08-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #21
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
so all the mounting holes are under the carpet. i cut holes just larger than the bolts...

what size bolt did you get and is that metric? grade 8 bolt?
Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 AM   #22
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
what size bolt did you get and is that metric? grade 8 bolt?
Metric grade 5 I think. I forget the size. I just took one of the others to the hardware store to compare
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #23
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Metric grade 5 I think. I forget the size. I just took one of the others to the hardware store to compare
I got mine from a junkyard, and just asked for all of the bolts.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #24
regular taco is on a distinguished road
regular taco's Tacoma Gallery
has anybody tried this swap on a 96 regular cab, im ready to chuck my bench ..
Old 09-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #25
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by regular taco View Post
has anybody tried this swap on a 96 regular cab, im ready to chuck my bench ..
it wouls be so easy in a 96... just pull the seat out and find buckets to put in. you may need to shop for some brackets or make some...
Old 10-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #26

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1989 View Post
could u use just one 3.3 resistor?
Sure. It was a dollar for a pack of 10ohm resisters at radio shack. They didn't have any 3.3 ohm resisters. In fact, where are you going to find a single 3.3 ohm resistor.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #27

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The radio shack by my house had them I was there yesterday ...but I wasn't sure u used three 10's for a reason
Make sure they aren't 3.3kohms Because my radio shack had those.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #28

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They were 3.3k.....what's the difference
3.3ohms

vs

3.3k or 3,300 ohms

big difference lol
Old 12-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #29
PRERUNN is on a distinguished road
PRERUNN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been wanting bucket seats ever since i bought my truck. The problem i ran into was that the 09-10 tacomas come with airbags in the seats. I read around that a resistor of 3.3ohms will trick the system into believing the airbag is fine.
I found this was successful about 50% of the time. Well, i learned the trick is to disconnect the battery before you unplug the airbags. if you dont and the light comes on they wont go off until you have the system reset by the dealer.

The weight sensor was easily removed and put into the 05 bucket seat that i bought. the seatbelts are all open when the buckle is disconnected so you can just leave them unplugged or use the stock buckles like i did.

i didnt take as many pics as i should have but i will have a few coming
Have you had any issues at all? I found a few off some 2005 to 2007's seats and really want to do this but really want the air bag sensor to work. If i took all the airbag stuff off my 2010 bench and put in on the 2007 seats do you think it will work or is there a issues i don't know of.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #30
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRERUNN View Post
Have you had any issues at all? I found a few off some 2005 to 2007's seats and really want to do this but really want the air bag sensor to work. If i took all the airbag stuff off my 2010 bench and put in on the 2007 seats do you think it will work or is there a issues i don't know of.
My write-up should answer all your questions, Especially check out part2 which goes into detail about swapping in the correct hardware with no bypassing at all!!

See signature below;
Old 12-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #31
PRE10 is on a distinguished road
PRE10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
My write-up should answer all your questions, Especially check out part2 which goes into detail about swapping in the correct hardware with no bypassing at all!!

See signature below;
Thanks I will go back and re-read.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #32
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
all i did was to but $3 worth of 10ohm resistors. 3 10ohm resistors paralleled gives you 3.333ohms. Perfect to "trick" the airbag system...
So the metal piece zip tied to the rail sensor will make the driver airbag operational. Then you put in the 3 10ohm resistors wired together into the yellow occupant detection plug for the passenger side to trick it into working. this will make your airbags fully operational all the time correct?
Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Tried this today. Didn't work. Oh well.
Just unplugging the airbags cause I don't want em going off and make my seats eject in a side impact situation lol.