Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Non airbag buckets into a 2010 Reg cab

Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Non airbag buckets into a 2010 Reg cab

I've been wanting bucket seats ever since i bought my truck. The problem i ran into was that the 09-10 tacomas come with airbags in the seats. I read around that a resistor of 3.3ohms will trick the system into believing the airbag is fine.
I found this was successful about 50% of the time. Well, i learned the trick is to disconnect the battery before you unplug the airbags. if you dont and the light comes on they wont go off until you have the system reset by the dealer.

The weight sensor was easily removed and put into the 05 bucket seat that i bought. the seatbelts are all open when the buckle is disconnected so you can just leave them unplugged or use the stock buckles like i did.

i didnt take as many pics as i should have but i will have a few coming
Old 06-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man......holes for the bucket seat tracks were under the carpet already?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Air-Bags have been keeping me from getting buckets. Can't wait to the pictures.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggertats View Post
looks good man......holes for the bucket seat tracks were under the carpet already?
yep!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #5

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
Nice! Air-Bags have been keeping me from getting buckets. Can't wait to the pictures.
all i did was to but $3 worth of 10ohm resistors. 3 10ohm resistors paralleled gives you 3.333ohms. Perfect to "trick" the airbag system...
Old 06-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #6

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
so all the mounting holes are under the carpet. i cut holes just larger than the bolts...

Old 06-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #7

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
to trick the airbag sensor you need to put in a fake airbag (3.3ohm resistor)

i didn't solder but will when i get a chance i used 2 1/4w and one 1/2w resistors for each "airbag simulator". Some companies charge 25-30 dollars for one. (i used the 1.2w resistor because it fits snug in the pin holes of the connector)

Old 06-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #8

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
one thing i had to do is use a torx bit to remove the rail sensor. this sensor turns off the airbag if the seat is too close to the dash. not really necessary since i cant drive with my seat any notch other than all the way back so i disabled it with a seat rail simulator. The way it works is it uses magnetism to send pulses like a position sensor through the metal via magnetic flux as the connector. so all you need is a piece of steel to complete the circuit.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #9

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
sorry i dont have pics of what i did with the weight sensor but i believe ryanjboutin has a thread that he made on how to remove it. I put the sensor in between the foam and the springs of the seat and it works fine when my wife hops in the truck (airbags on) and the airbags are off when just a backpack or something small is on the seat.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Wow nice job, saving pics to hard drive! for sure this will be a future mod in my truck.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #11

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
oh, btw heres the final picture i apparently never posted

Old 07-24-2011, 05:21 AM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Very resourceful.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
quick question for you. Are there bolts and holes for the insides of the bucket seats? I have the stock bench and that is my one gripe with the regular cab.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
so all the mounting holes are under the carpet. i cut holes just larger than the bolts...

I just re-read (apparently my comprehension skills need honing... ). There are holes under the carpet for the inner bolts?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Sensors,Did they match?Who did it?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #16

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
I just re-read (apparently my comprehension skills need honing... ). There are holes under the carpet for the inner bolts?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07regtacoman View Post
Sensors,Did they match?Who did it?
which sensors? I used the ones off the stock seat and made them work with the new seats
Old 08-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #17
j31driver is on a distinguished road
Army: F.I.S.T.
Name: chris
j31driver's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 08-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #18
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
What about the seat belts?Mine are attached to the bench by a wire.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #19
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07regtacoman View Post
What about the seat belts?Mine are attached to the bench by a wire.
You re-use the stock bench seat belts and buckles.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-down-17.html
Old 08-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #20
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
any more pics from anyone else that did this mod?