Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Analyze my research...Lift setup

Old 06-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
SxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SxDx's Tacoma Gallery
Analyze my research...Lift setup

Hey TW whats up. Been lurking and reading for a while now. Wanted to get answers through reading before actually posting. I have a 2011 Double Cab Short Bed Prerunner, and i've been considering lift options since I bought it last month.
From what I have researched I've put together a lift which I think would suit my needs...(moderate offroad/beach access for surf fishing).
Here is what I have in mind...your input/suggestions are appreciated.

Front:
Camburg 4" Spindles w/ extended brake lines.

Rear: Allpro or Deaver 3" leaf pack and 5100 shocks.

I plan to run my factory TRD wheels for now, wrapped in 285-70-17 KM2's.
Now here's where Im kind of stumped, I know that the camburg spindles push the wheel out 3/4" per side, so does anyone make a .50" wheel spacer to make it a total of 1.25" ?
I can then order the spidertrax 1.25" for the rear and have the same width front/rear.
As I said any corrections/suggestions is appreciated. I chose the camburgs because ride quality is important and also because of the positive reviews i've read on here. The fact that I can still add 5100's in the future set at 0 or the first clip for an improved ride is a plus as well.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
With a 3" leaf pack in the rear, you might be happier with a little longer shock,

Downsouth Motorsports or Wheelers can help you out here.

Hard to get a good 1/2" wheel spacer because its too thick for the stock studs, but too thin to provide new studs ala spidertrax.

Looks like you're on the right track overall.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Eh on reflection, I don't think I'm right about rear shock length. But I can't easily edit my original post via iPhone.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I think you need at least the 1.25" spidertrax in front to clear your tires off the spindle cuz ur running stock wheels.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
SxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SxDx's Tacoma Gallery
So I will need to clear the spindle as well as the A-arms with those tires?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxDx View Post
So I will need to clear the spindle as well as the A-arms with those tires?
Actually, I forgot what you need to clear, but I installed spindles on jacob.woods' truck with his stock wheels and the tires rubbed BAD without spacers, so bad bad that he couldnt leave my driveway so I slapped my spacers on his truck
Old 06-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
SxDx's Tacoma Gallery
So the spacers did help clear his rubbing issues? i dont mind installing 1.25" up front, i just didnt want it to stick out 1.25" plus 3/4" and look really wide.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
odomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
odomandr's Tacoma Gallery
maybe this is a stupid question but would new wheels with different offset from stock be better than spacers?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

yes the spacers fixed all rubbing issues with the stock rims. he got aftermarket wheels with lower backspacing and gave me back the spacers