LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Forkin' Seat Belt Chime!?!

Old 06-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Question Forkin' Seat Belt Chime!?!

I've got a 2011 Tacoma Access Cab SR5 which was built in January of 2011 and has the white faced gauges.

I want to disable the seatbelt reminder chime. I don't care about the flashing light.

I've done a lot of reading and trial and error and nothing is working.

I contacted my local dealer's service department and they said they could not disable it due to lawsuit issues.

What do I do now?!?!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Wear the seatbelt??
x2
Old 06-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wear the seatbelt??
Alright... Thanks mom.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My 2009 Regular cab with bench seat has a small two wire connector near the front of the driver's seat cushion. I unplugged that, it leads the the driver's seat belt receptacle. No more driver's seat belt warning. The passenger side required reprogramming as discussed above.

My 2006 does not have the connector, so your mileage may vary on this one.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #7

Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEG'sTACO View Post
I've already read that whole post and tried everything and it hasn't affected my truck at all.

The ODO reading never changes.

Forgot to say I want to avoid unplugging the seatbelt under the seat.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #8
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosmob View Post
I've already read that whole post and tried everything and it hasn't affected my truck at all.

that sucks... maybe they switched it up for 2011

That's the best I can tell you because that's what I did haha
Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Wear the seatbelt??
This is what I do, but sometimes I don't put it on until I've started the truck. I HATE beepers and buzzers. I disassembled my microwave to remove the beeper from it. We are all adults here and we make our own decisions. I don't mind trying to help the OP figure out how to do something he's decided to do.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosmob View Post

Forgot to say I want to avoid unplugging the seatbelt under the seat.
In the case of my 2009, the programming worked, but had to follow the instructions to the letter, pretty complicated. Definitely had to be in a calm, unhurried state of mind when I did it.

The disconnected plug under the seat has produced no side effects at all in the last year since I did it. It appears to have been put there just for this purpose. The wires are wrapped into the seat and airbag harness and they could have easily left that plug out. FYI

Also, someone on here posted awhile back how to remove the beeper itself from the instrument cluster. Might try that, I don't think there are any other beepers you would miss other than seat belt and reverse warning if you have a 6 speed.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
The chime sucks but seatbelt tickets suck and so does going thru the windshield
Old 06-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #12
nhgranite will become famous soon enoughnhgranite will become famous soon enough

nhgranite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
The chime sucks but seatbelt tickets suck and so does going thru the windshield

then there's the always fun ejected and crushed by vehicle, guard rail, rock or tree.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #13
That smells like pure gasoline
Erik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik's Tacoma Gallery
I did the programing thing np easy. The only thing is that when I disconnect the battery ground when I'm welding on the truck or working on the electronics, it resets the seat belt chime to default on. I did the programing code a few more times to get rid of it, but its not working anymore.

I have np unplugging my seatbelt wire. For the passenger side is it a different code or the same?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #14
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
ear plugs
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer can reprogram it, it says so in the manual. If your dealer won't do it, try another.

Alternatively, you can use the thread here that involves disassembling and cutting wires and such.

Wearing the seat belt is the most intelligent choice.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
How about just wear your belt? Oh yes you don't want to put it on and take it off when driving on the farm you live on. Well in that case stop being a lazy ass.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #17
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen some nasty aftermaths of not wearing seatbelts. Not wearing your seatbelt is just Darwin doing his thing.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #18
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
How about just wear your belt? Oh yes you don't want to put it on and take it off when driving on the farm you live on. Well in that case stop being a lazy ass.
^yes^
Old 08-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #19
textoy is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
textoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
say that after a 110 degree...or 25 degree, wet, windy day on a large ranch with lots of gates.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #20
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
I hate wearing my belt when offroading. I always wear when on pavement!
The manual says the dealer has to do the programing for the seatbelt chime