1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CHEAP TIRE GATE ALTERNATIVE

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by silver taco, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Jun 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    silver taco

silver taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 4X access cab
    Icon 2.5 ext travel, Camburg 1.25" uca's, All-pro leafs, Icon 2.5" rear shocks, LR jounce front and back, breather mod, KR Fab rear bumper, Kenwood 2m radio, All-Pro sliders, Front bumper by Surfinferno (Dylan), Glassworks fenders, 4:56 gears, gusseted spindles and coil buckets
    I have an aftermarket KRFab bumper that I got second hand. When I installed it, I was unable to raise and lower the spare from its stock location. I love the bumper though and I'm only mentioning the name to represent the company. I was and still am considering a tiregate, but for now I have other things to buy. I had the tire laying down in the bed, but it takes up a lot of space. Attached, are pics of my solution. I used (2) 1/2" carriage bolts that were 6" to 8" long, with washers, lock washers, and nuts. I also used a ratchet tie down so that the strut wasn't bearing all of the up and down stresses.

2011-06-14_17-21-39_592.jpg
    2011-06-14_17-21-54_555.jpg

2. Sep 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    silver taco

silver taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 4X access cab
    Icon 2.5 ext travel, Camburg 1.25" uca's, All-pro leafs, Icon 2.5" rear shocks, LR jounce front and back, breather mod, KR Fab rear bumper, Kenwood 2m radio, All-Pro sliders, Front bumper by Surfinferno (Dylan), Glassworks fenders, 4:56 gears, gusseted spindles and coil buckets

Products Discussed in

To Top