Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how to install a power outlet?

Old 06-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
the inverter and the wiring
Old 06-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Don't install the stock crap. Use the plug itself but use an aftermarket inverter. You will be able to do a lot more with it.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
That smells like pure gasoline
Erik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik's Tacoma Gallery
I agree. I was dissapointed to find I couldn't even run a vaccuum because it draws too many amps when you turn it on. I was able to run a circular saw (barely) while it was running. I had high hopes that I could run power tools off of it, but it just doesnt give enough power.

I got in an accident in january and I found out mine doesn't work anymore a few weeks ago. I am searching for how to fix it coz I don't have the cash to replace it. I might just go with an aftermarket one, but I don't want to wait.

Anyone know how I could figure out what is wrong with my inverter? Fuses are not blown. I haven't looked at it that close yet, but I don't know what I should be looking for.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Anyone know how I could figure out what is wrong with my inverter? Fuses are not blown. I haven't looked at it that close yet, but I don't know what I should be looking for.
Where were you hit?

Do you have a multimeter?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have never used the outlet in my 05... It seems like a lot of work to install one. I suggest getting a power inverter that goes into the cigarette lighter.

Similar to this...
http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-.../dp/B00004XRDM
Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #7
That smells like pure gasoline
Erik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik's Tacoma Gallery
I was rear-ended and it bent my bumper, hitch, part of the frame and barely bent the bedsides. I didn't think the inverter was damaged, but I don't know how else it could have been knocked out. I do have a multi-meter.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #8
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent to Erik and tacomaTRD