1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice for connecting CB with add-a-circuit.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by EricGagne, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jun 18, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    EricGagne

EricGagne [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Literider Tonneau Cover, RAM Mount Laptop Support. Uniden CB RTT and awning with self-designed custom rack Dual battery system - National Luna solenoid and monitor, Columbia Overland dual battery tray, 2 Odyssey PC1200 12 circuits Fuse block with 80A macro fuse block "breaker" OME suspension Replaced passenger area with a flat platform for my ARB fridge and camping clothes. Tiregate HG series
    Hi all,

As the title says, I need advice for connecting my new CB, I think I know what I'm doing but the last time I had that feeling I ended up drilling a hole on the top of my gas tank :rolleyes:

After reading this topic I wanted to use the 2nd slot on the 2nd row like in the other guy did but in my TRD Off Road it's already use for something called BKUP LP, I think it's the backup camera.

So I tried all four empty ones and they're not powered so it looks like I'll have to share one and I'm thinking of using the ACC 7.5A one.

Now what bothers me is that in the other topic, some said that the add-a-circuit is upside down in this picture but when I put it in with the wire going up my CB doesn't get power, for it to work I need to put the add-a-circuit with the wire going down.

I'm not sure if I should put the original fuse in and install it this way or not.

[​IMG]

2. Jun 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    I used the windshield washer circuit.

3. Jun 18, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    tonyplanet

tonyplanet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendora, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    enough to get me there
    I have my tied into my ACC. Only on when I have my key in the ignition and turned on.

see attached pic.

add a circuit.jpg

4. Jun 18, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    EricGagne

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Literider Tonneau Cover, RAM Mount Laptop Support. Uniden CB RTT and awning with self-designed custom rack Dual battery system - National Luna solenoid and monitor, Columbia Overland dual battery tray, 2 Odyssey PC1200 12 circuits Fuse block with 80A macro fuse block "breaker" OME suspension Replaced passenger area with a flat platform for my ARB fridge and camping clothes. Tiregate HG series
    I gave it some thought after posting and I think there's no options on which way the add-a-circuit goes in. If I have no power to the CB when I put it one way then it has to go in the other way around, regardless of whether I have the original fuse in already or not.

What did you guys used for the ground ? On the left hand side of the fuse box and below it there's a metal bracket with a 10mm bolt. I was thinking of adding an eye connector to my ground wire and bolt it along with that bracket, does that make any sense ?

5. Jun 18, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    tonyplanet

tonyplanet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendora, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    enough to get me there
    Yup I grounded to that bolt.

6. Jun 18, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    BenMara

BenMara That Asian RedNeck

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Belton/Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4x4 SCed
    TRD Blower, Ham Radio, DBA T2 Rotors
    i got no power what so ever on empty area for fuses
    DSC00865_248583f4e77f4bf3899f3a3995b16b198673a6d8.jpg
    DSC00867_052e7b2f3665073bc0bed21512375cc0bb9f44d8.jpg
    With key in acc, - ing - Start no power on any of the empty

7. Jun 18, 2011 at 10:09 PM
    BenMara

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Belton/Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4x4 SCed
    only on with ing, put 2 fuses in when i testing the empty slots NOTHING

8. Jun 19, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    EricGagne

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Your fuse box is just like mine BenMara, with the fuse for the backup camera. I wish Toyota had thought about us a bit and ran power to those 4 empty slots but I guess they don't want us to properly connect our aftermarket accessories.

Make your life easy, just get a add-a-circuit at your local Canadian Tire, it makes things real clean and it's easy................even I can do it with this thing :)

9. Jul 4, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    BenMara

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Belton/Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4x4 SCed
    Ended up tapping the Gauge fuse. for power on in ON and START positions only

Products Discussed in

To Top