Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift Coils and Spacers????

Old 10-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
Jeffman1991 is on a distinguished road
Jeffman1991's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Coils and Spacers????

I want to lift my 08 Dbl Cab. I wanted to know if I could do the toytec ome lift springs and a 3 inch spacer getting 6 inches of lift. Im pretty sure you can't due to the CV angle but im just curious. I would go AAL and 3" Lift Blocks in the back
Old 10-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Stacking lifts is a bad idea. Your truck will have no down travel and will ride like a wagon. 3" blocks on the back is also a bad idea. If you want a 6" lift, then get dedicated 6" lift.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Stacking lifts is a bad idea. Your truck will have no down travel and will ride like a wagon. 3" blocks on the back is also a bad idea. If you want a 6" lift, then get dedicated 6" lift.
+1
Old 10-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #4
Quitting is for Quitters
awymore997 has a spectacular aura aboutawymore997 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
awymore997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
+1
+2 x infinity.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Agree with the other peeps who've posted up above me, you gotta pay to play, do it right the first time and you won't regret it down the road.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen someone try that many years ago....

Put lift coils in PLUS a spacer - and he broke the lower coil seat on the strut. The strut couldn't handle the amount of pressure.

It's a bad idea....
Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #7
Jeffman1991 is on a distinguished road
Jeffman1991's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks thats what I figured, so inorder to get anything more than 3 inches would be to get a full suspension lift kit like the 6 inch one fabtech offers?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
You can get 4" Spindles, but those will run around $1K, and I'm not sure whose currently selling them.

You can also get a body lift. Most members here (myself included) do not like body lifts.

You can get adjustable coilovers (which are the best way to go) that you can adjust to give you lift. I think the new Toytec C/Os go up to 4" (Not sure, you can email them and ask) of lift. Coilovers up front give you the best ride and flex. They are also the easiest lift to install so you won't have to pay someone else to install them.

For the rear, you can get a 3" leaf pack. That should run around $300 and will perform FAR better than rear blocks. New shocks will be required, but itll ride and flex better.

Also, I know your wanting more than 3" lift. Keep in mind that when all is said and done, you will have more than 3" of lift all together when you add in tires. You can get a tall skinny tire like a 255/85/16 which will make your truck look taller.

This truck has a 3" Toytec lift with 255/85/16. Look at all the ground clearence he has.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
You can reroute the cross over tube from the exhaust and change the Y pipe and you get another 1" of overspring ground clearance at mid point (tranny) cross member. this will also increase you maximum breakover angles.

incidentally, My next mod after sliders
+1. same here