1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let me see your back up lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by longbow, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Oct 12, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Let me see your aftermarket back up lights.
    I've got this mod in my brain, and one heck of an idea. Will offer protection and of course light.

2. Oct 13, 2008 at 6:39 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

$15 at walmart and pretty bright... I highly recomend using epoxy to seal the case together if you go this route though as i've had to replace one of them after the light was knocked out.

3. Oct 13, 2008 at 9:41 PM
    billabonghotrod

billabonghotrod Member

Member:
    what brand are those lights you have? thats what i need to do. i cant see to well out my back windows at night because of the 5% tint.

4. Oct 14, 2008 at 4:21 AM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    TacoNut,
    that is somewhat of an idea I have, but with only one light, square, and a little more low profile. I am in the process of bending some steal stock to go around the light and a piece angled in the back for protection.
    I am looking into the best location to mount it for the best results

5. Oct 14, 2008 at 6:31 AM
    TacoNut

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    I was going to do the same thing except the way I had it planed out it would hang way too low,with these they are level with the bottom of my hitch so the angles aren't affected at all really.

6. Oct 14, 2008 at 6:32 AM
    TacoNut

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    They are in the walmart auto section in a black and red box, sorry don't remember what they are actually called. install took all of a half hour. bolt them to the drain holes on the bottom of the bumper and run your wires up the frame.

7. Oct 14, 2008 at 8:44 AM
    jackal419

jackal419 Active Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5
    Lightforce Lights, Softtopper Bed cover, TRD CAI
    [​IMG]

Got this thing at Autozone for about $15. Plugs right into the trailer light connector. Throws out a decent amount of light and its removable.

8. Oct 14, 2008 at 12:02 PM
    TacoNut

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    Do you ever worry about someone stealing it though since it just pulls out???

Products Discussed in

To Top