Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ome Rear Leaf Springs

Old 06-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
soljah111 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
soljah111's Tacoma Gallery
Ome Rear Leaf Springs

So I have the Toytec 2" add a leafs on my non tsb rear springs and I am looking into getting the Ome Rear Leaf springs. Currently my rear springs have some squeaking and I think this would be a nice upgrade to get rid of that and to be more functional. Will the ride be better with the ome's? What would the height difference be?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The rear leafs get you 2 3/4" over US ( non-TSB ) stock height

The ride is not really any firmer than my Canadian 4 leaf ( TSB ) pack

They still can have the same squeaking issues as the stock leafs

I am at 24 1/2" centre of wheel to underside of fender in the rear

Old 06-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #3

Do you like them? Should I do it?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soljah111 View Post
Do you like them? Should I do it?
I do like them .

I am a carpenter and needed a better platform for carrying weight , for me they are great .

I'm still chasing a squeak in my pack , but I think I am going to get it figured out .

With a 200 lb cap they only squatted 1/4"

Old 06-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #5

Thanks, I think I'm going to do it.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soljah111 View Post
Thanks, I think I'm going to do it.
You need to get 4 new OEM bushings too .
Old 06-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #8

I appreciate the help.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #9
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have the OME as well. The ride is probably better for me than with my 2" AAL. I no longer bottom out while towing/hauling. They are 100% better than stock/AAL. I do have the squeaking issue that others have mentioned but the fact I no longer bottom out, I guess it is a trade off.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
ffblaze911 will become famous soon enoughffblaze911 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter: Engineer
Name: Matt
ffblaze911's Tacoma Gallery
why would you do it if you don't have any front suspension lift? and yes they will lift higher than tsp and you will also need break lines
Old 06-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffblaze911 View Post
why would you do it if you don't have any front suspension lift? and yes they will lift higher than tsp and you will also need break lines
not true recomended but not required.....
3" and more you will need longer brake lines
Old 06-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You don't need new brake lines
Old 06-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
ffblaze911 will become famous soon enoughffblaze911 will become famous soon enough

well you don't but its recommended....
Old 06-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You don't need new brake lines
x2.... I didn't replace mine and have been fine.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #15

I called the manufacture and they highly suggested doing it.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I called the manufacture and they highly suggested doing it.
Do it then

I have lots of slack in mine
Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #17
09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
09taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have thought about getting the OME springs too but if they still squeak I won't waste my money on them. I want to find out if there is a better solution for the squeak fix than inserting a bike tube or plastic between the leafs. If all else fails I could always do a coil over and 4 link set up!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
All leaf springs will squeak if you get dirt in them.
This ^^
Old 07-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #19
09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
09taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone using the AP rear leaf springs?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #20
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
For those who have them, where did you find the best price on these?