1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New here w/comparison Q's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 65bus, Oct 12, 2008.

?

If cost wasnt a option which would you prefer to own?

1. Toyota Crew Cab Tacoma V6 4x4

203 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. Chevy Crew Cab Colorado V8 4x4

4 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Suzuki Crew Cab made by Nissan V6 4x4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. GMC Crew Cab Full size V8 4x4

15 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. or forget the trucks and get the New Camaro SS/RS V8

27 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. May 20, 2010 at 6:44 AM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    I guess the poll says it all. Go for the YOTA

2. May 20, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Nissan trucks are not Tacomas. I wanted somthing with good offroad performance and the Nissan just is not as good as the Toyota as a 4x4 vehicle. ATRAC for the win! The Toyotas just dont have lots of high end options like Nissan but Id rather have the better designed/engineered truck and accessorize it myself. I heavily considered the Colorado V8 style trucks. I will eventually get the TRD supercharger and have more HP and TQ than a V8 Colorado. I will buy Katzkin leather and have better leather than GM crap or the leather option from Nissan (I had a Corvette and GM lether is the worst in THE WORLD... wears through in a year or two and is just painted on color). Little things like window motors, delaminating vinyl on door panels etc turned me off on GM products. Low quality standards on fit and finish.

A Camero? Hell no. I had a 2000 Corvette from 2000-2004/5. Cameros are too heavy, too slow, poor visibility, etc. Then again I got like 20 speeding tickets in 4 years with the vette even with a Valentine 1 radar. I wanted something that would not get me in trouble, didnt require going 55 to hear someone on the cell phone due to road noise, and could hold 4 people and cargo. Sports cars get lighter and faster every year... does not make sense to build one up and keep it. The money is better spent on next generation model. The Tacoma will get built up and kept FOREVER as a utility vehicle and offroad performer. I will get something nicer for a daily driver like a BMW 3 series or Nissan G coupe (had a 2004 G35 before the Tacoma 2004-2009) after I pay off the Tacoma. Sure future models will have better gas milage but I dont care about that for a utility vehicle.

3. May 20, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    One of the biggest problems with a Tacoma is that once you become associated with the community, you forget what date it is

Products Discussed in

To Top