Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 leveling issue ..

Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 leveling issue ..

I went through Les Schwab, used them a ton, good guys. Anyway, stock as is my trucks sits right around 2 3/4" high in the back. They installed the bilsteins at 1.75" and that put me over 2" high in the FRONT. nearly 3". They lowered them to the "stock" no lift setting and my FRONT was still sitting 1 3/4" high.

Any ideas?

Their trying to talk me into going with the standard 2" spacer to level it out. I don't do any real hard off-roading just the occasional snow/ice and maybe a bit of mud on occasion, no rocks.

I do have the stock stuff in back still, 3 leaf spring.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Perch ring for the spring is upside down maybe? At the zero setting it should be the same as stock.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
GAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant future
Name: Jim
GAP.308's Tacoma Gallery
We just had may sons 2010 done today at the Toyota dealer. They put in the 4 pack TSB rear springs and I had them install 5100 in the front at the 1.75 setting. It turned out great.

I was planning on just adding the 5100 shocks on my 2011 in the front with them set at .85 using my stock 3 leaf rear springs. From my searches here that was the overwhelming advice.

After the way my sons truck turned out I'm now rethinking it and may try to get the 4 pack instead.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
ds46000 is on a distinguished road
ds46000's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i'd say the spring perch is upside down....they installed them wrong. otherwise, there's no way for them to add any height if they were set to the 0 setting.

take it to someone who knows what they're doing or do it yourself...it's not hard, takes about 4 or 5 hours.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I say the spring perch is upside down.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll call them tomorrow, it is upside down. I remember looking at it and just found a good shot of one installed.

So, to clarify and ty in advance. 09 SR5 3 leaf rear and bilstein's set at .85 or 1.75 to level??

EDIT: I'm pissed that they are pushing the spacer instead honestly. Also, do you guys find installers get irritated when you mention online communities?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
TacoManJay is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
TacoManJay's Tacoma Gallery
My 09 sr5 has the leaf TSB in the back and 1.75 setting in the front is level. Hope this helps you!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
sechsgang will become famous soon enough
sechsgang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I went through Les Schwab, used them a ton, good guys. Anyway, stock as is my trucks sits right around 2 3/4" high in the back. They installed the bilsteins at 1.75" and that put me over 2" high in the FRONT. nearly 3". They lowered them to the "stock" no lift setting and my FRONT was still sitting 1 3/4" high.

Any ideas?

Their trying to talk me into going with the standard 2" spacer to level it out. I don't do any real hard off-roading just the occasional snow/ice and maybe a bit of mud on occasion, no rocks.

I do have the stock stuff in back still, 3 leaf spring.

Am I doing something wrong?
LOL, the good guys @ LesSchwab had no idea and installed the ring upside down. You want that fixed asap btw.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
Recklessly tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
LOL, the good guys @ LesSchwab had no idea and installed the ring upside down. You want that fixed asap btw.
I left it there ..
Old 06-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
GAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant futureGAP.308 has a brilliant future
Name: Jim
GAP.308's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I'll call them tomorrow, it is upside down. I remember looking at it and just found a good shot of one installed.

So, to clarify and ty in advance. 09 SR5 3 leaf rear and bilstein's set at .85 or 1.75 to level??

EDIT: I'm pissed that they are pushing the spacer instead honestly. Also, do you guys find installers get irritated when you mention online communities?
From my searches here, this has been the advice that I gathered using 5100's in the front;

Stock 3 leaf rear springs use the .85 setting.

The TSB 4 leaf rear springs use the 1.75 setting.

Either of these combo's should level your truck.

Good luck.