Notices

New bumper i built

Old 06-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
trevs2wdtacosick is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1st Recon Battalion
Name: Trevor
trevs2wdtacosick's Tacoma Gallery
New bumper i built

So i got bored this weekend and built a bumper took about 2 days. About 140 dollars in steel and 60 in bolts and paint. Used 14 gauge steel sheet metal for the front and 1 1/2 14 gauge square tubing for the frame and 2 2 by 3's. For the paint i used a type of bed liner from auto zone kinda like rhino liner. Dont have all the pics yet but here are a few i will throw up the finished product later today. I think it turned out pretty good for my first bumper lol let me know what you think/Things i could do to make it better. thanks

Old 06-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
rackatak has a spectacular aura aboutrackatak has a spectacular aura aboutrackatak has a spectacular aura about
rackatak's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting, How did you attach it to the frame? Weld, bolts? Does it sit flush with the body or overlap a little?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
That is sweet! good work
Old 06-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
trevs2wdtacosick is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1st Recon Battalion
Name: Trevor
trevs2wdtacosick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackatak View Post
Interesting, How did you attach it to the frame? Weld, bolts? Does it sit flush with the body or overlap a little?
well when you take off the bumper there are welded on bolts for the brace that sits behind the stock bumper so you cut those off then i use a peice of channel on the bottom and made a square bracket and just bolted it where the old welded on bolts where. I got some more pics i need to throw up but you can see in this pic