Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How many quarts of oil for 2nd gen 4.0 oil change

Old 06-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
How many quarts of oil for 2nd gen 4.0 oil change

I saw the ultimate oil change guide here on the forum that says 5.5 quarts but heard that the tacoma maintenance guide says its like 4.8

appreciate if someone can clarify.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tml#post124480
Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
till high mark on dipstick.

i used 5.2-3-ish quarts.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Fill it up to just below the oil cap.

I swear if anyone does this I will drive or fly to their location and slap them. No not even a punch just slap.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. and What particular type of oil should I get? full synthetic? High mileage?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

I swear if anyone does this I will drive or fly to their location and slap them. No not even a punch just slap.

Forehand or backhand?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Forehand or backhand?
Backhand on the forehead.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJtacoma2010 View Post
Thanks guys. and What particular type of oil should I get? full synthetic? High mileage?
Mobil One is good. Amsoil is great. Don't use fram filters.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Backhand on the forehead.
get a two-fer going..... do one of these then on the backstroke, catch them on the forehead with your backhand
Old 06-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fill it up to just below the oil cap.

This sounds like a DHK arguement. Fill it up to below the cap, that way all moving parts are completely submerged in oil and the engine will run incredibly well since it's so well lubricated

I refer you to Whipper's disclaimer, if anyone thinks I'm serious, he's coming with the back of the hand!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #13

rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mobil One is good. Amsoil is great. Don't use fram filters.
I disagree. I use Advance Auto brand oil and Frams for my oil changes. every 15k miles or 12 months
Old 06-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
get a two-fer going..... do one of these then on the backstroke, catch them on the forehead with your backhand
Tip noted. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
This sounds like a DHK arguement. Fill it up to below the cap, that way all moving parts are completely submerged in oil and the engine will run incredibly well since it's so well lubricated

I refer you to Whipper's disclaimer, if anyone thinks I'm serious, he's coming with the back of the hand!
Lol.

Quote:
I disagree. I use Advance Auto brand oil and Frams for my oil changes. every 15k miles or 12 months
I never had a problem using Fram filters on my Ranger or previous cars. I just wouldn't use them now after what I have seen.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Running fram filters won't kill your engine, but there are much better options that are similar in price. To me it's worth it to spend an extra buck or two to protect my investment. I've run Fram on past trucks also and they still ran great when I got rid of them at 80,000 miles.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #16

rex99's Tacoma Gallery

clearly my funny was missed.... I wouldn't touch Advance Auto Brand oil or Frams with a 10 foot pole
Old 06-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
Banned
Quote:

clearly my funny was missed.... I wouldn't touch Advance Auto Brand oil or Frams with a 10 foot pole
Yeah I missed it.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #19
xxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to behold

xxaarraa's Tacoma Gallery
Whippersnapper, what's your average number of posts per thread? It should easily be in the double digits? What do you do or not do for a living where you can sit on TW all day and post 1 out of 10 useful comments? Geez man,
Old 06-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Whippersnapper, what's your average number of posts per thread? It should easily be in the double digits? What do you do or not do for a living where you can sit on TW all day and post 1 out of 10 useful comments?
Don't worry about what I do. I think you are mad that I own a double cab though.