Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

18 Inch Wheels? Tires for these?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
18 Inch Wheels? Tires for these?

Yes, I know for off-roading its better to have 16". But Im not going to OR much and I just cant find any wheels I like in the 16" or 17". I really like the Moto Metals MO961. Its not what most of you boys here would like but I like 'em. I'd post pics but dont' know how (If someone can do it for me, great)

Here's the specs:
18" Diameter
18 backspacing

Would these fit okay? Any issues?
Tires for these? I'm okay with going up to 32" but hopefully not much larger OD. Am I being realistic, or do such tires not exist? Any input appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:15 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Yes, I know for off-roading its better to have 16". But Im not going to OR much and I just cant find any wheels I like in the 16" or 17". I really like the Moto Metals MO961. Its not what most of you boys here would like but I like 'em. I'd post pics but dont' know how (If someone can do it for me, great)

Here's the specs:
18" Diameter
18 backspacing

Would these fit okay? Any issues?
Tires for these? I'm okay with going up to 32" but hopefully not much larger OD. Am I being realistic, or do such tires not exist? Any input appreciated. Thanks.
18 backspacing? I assume you mean that's the offset...positive or negative?

we need to know the rim width in order to calculate backspacing.

265/65/18 is a 32". That's what I run.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Opps. I mean +18 offset.
Rim width is 9".
Don't know what the backspacing is exactly, 4.57?

According to the tire size calculator, 265/65R18 is 31.56". That'll work. What rim width is yours? Any problems with rubbing? What tires and rims you running?
Old 06-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Opps. I mean +18 offset.
Rim width is 9".
Don't know what the backspacing is exactly, 4.57?

According to the tire size calculator, 265/65R18 is 31.56". That'll work. What rim width is yours? Any problems with rubbing? What tires and rims you running?
+18 offset on a 9" rim is 5.75" backspacing. That is going to move your tire 0.25" closer to your uca. You should be alright with just the 265's, but if you could find a rim with 4.5"-5" backspacing you'll have even less chance of rubbing.

My rims are BBS RWs with 5.4" backspacing, 18x9", with 265/65/18 hankook dynapro atm's. No rubbing, even before the lift.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #5

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Uh, 0.25" closer? That's not good. Does that mean this rim is a no-go for the Tacoma? How close are your tires to the UCAs?

Here's a link to the wheels I'm thinking of, with specs. Seems they only come with a 10" width when going 4.5" backspacing. Wow, that's wide! Too wide?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Mo...MO96181068724N

OR this one with a 9" width but 5.71 backspacing. Will either of these work and which will have more clearance?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Mo...rn_PQ=6+on+5.5
Old 07-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Uh, 0.25" closer? That's not good. Does that mean this rim is a no-go for the Tacoma? How close are your tires to the UCAs?

Here's a link to the wheels I'm thinking of, with specs. Seems they only come with a 10" width when going 4.5" backspacing. Wow, that's wide! Too wide?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Mo...MO96181068724N

OR this one with a 9" width but 5.71 backspacing. Will either of these work and which will have more clearance?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Mo...rn_PQ=6+on+5.5
The second one will be close. It might fit with 265s. I would ask to test fit them.

The 10" wheel is way too wide for 265s
Old 07-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #7

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i decided not to go with those 18" moto metals. too much guessing for a wheel that might not fit and have issues. i'll stick with a 17x9 black rhino ocotillo then, 2nd choice wheel.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
Look'n like a fool with your pants on the ground..
shane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Engineer, MSG (SMI, ROTC)
shane100700's Tacoma Gallery
Mine arent MM but I have 18x9. The only issue I had is I had to remove the front mud flaps. No rubbing (no lift either). Although I think they would look a little better if I had gone with 17's. Its up to how you like your tire to rim ratio. If you want 18's they should fit.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane100700 View Post
Mine arent MM but I have 18x9. The only issue I had is I had to remove the front mud flaps. No rubbing (no lift either). Although I think they would look a little better if I had gone with 17's. Its up to how you like your tire to rim ratio. If you want 18's they should fit.
They should fit with the right backspacing specs, which the wheels he was looking at did not have.

Not all 18's are created equal.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
wannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
wannatoy570's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannatoy570 View Post
What does this have to do with Saturn tire sizes?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
wannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
wannatoy570's Tacoma Gallery
sorry ment to put this in for you
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Products Discussed in this Thread