Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Clear coat for Taillights.?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
CristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant future

Name: Cristian
CristianTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Clear coat for Taillights.?

I was wondering if this spray will work as a clear coat for taillights.? I'm doin a pair of taillights and ran out of the other can I used for another pair. I don't live in a huge town so I can't run to the store and get some.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
I cant see the picture cuz the work computer, what brand is it Krylon? I mean a number of clears will work, preferably one for plastics but a general clear gloss will work.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTRD View Post
I was wondering if this spray will work as a clear coat for taillights.? I'm doin a pair of taillights and ran out of the other can I used for another pair. I don't live in a huge town so I can't run to the store and get some.

dont see why not. its clear coat so you should be good
Old 06-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
CristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant future

Yeah.. I was just making sure. Thanks.!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
azchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
azchris's Tacoma Gallery
Are you tinting them? Just make sure you don't mix lacquer paint with enamel clear or vice versa. It'll look all wrinkle-y.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
jgray is on a distinguished road
Name: josh
jgray's Tacoma Gallery
Don't use the krylon cause my tails aren't glossy looking now more a flat type look
Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Don't use the krylon cause my tails aren't glossy looking now more a flat type look
Yeah. They didn't turn out glossy at all. They came out flat.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
azchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
azchris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTRD View Post
Yeah. They didn't turn out glossy at all. They came out flat.
Try Duplicolor! That's what I used on my badges and my wheels. Looks great. Make sure with clear coat you lay it on really thick, it needs to be wet to dry shiny. Also try polishing it and waxing it.