Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spider trax?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
kadukukilla671 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
kadukukilla671's Tacoma Gallery
Spider trax?

Ive done my research figured out which brand i want to go with but my question or concern is that ive heard wheel spacers will eventually weaken the wheel bearings? is this true? if so how long would it take? oh and i plan on keeping my factory alloys
Old 06-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
i've just noticed that a lot of people argue that spacers exert more force on wheel bearings and hubs because of the added leverage that results from extending the wheel out further. however, you rarely hear that same argument posed regarding running wheels with a lower offset (i.e. a wheel with 0 offset will push the tire out 30mm/1.25" by comparison to the stock rim). just seems like different sides of the same coin.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for ya. I've been curious about the same thing. I'd almost sprung for a set and then heard this rumor.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
i've just noticed that a lot of people argue that spacers exert more force on wheel bearings and hubs because of the added leverage that results from extending the wheel out further. however, you rarely hear that same argument posed regarding running wheels with a lower offset (i.e. a wheel with 0 offset will push the tire out 30mm/1.25" by comparison to the stock rim). just seems like different sides of the same coin.
I agree with this ^
I think it's more important to buy quality spacers. Spidertrax is the way to go.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Mine should be here monday I will let you know how they turn out
Old 06-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
I agree with this ^
I think it's more important to buy quality spacers. Spidertrax is the way to go.
i got spidertrax based on the majority of recommendations here on TW. only run them for about 1000 miles though, so i can't speak to longevity of the bearings.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
GOT INK?????
Inked Tacoma is a jewel in the roughInked Tacoma is a jewel in the roughInked Tacoma is a jewel in the roughInked Tacoma is a jewel in the rough

Name: J$
Inked Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Ran Spidertrax for 2 years front and back have had no issue's...Just took them off today due to new wheel's up for sell if you want a set of four? I'm thinking $150.00 shiped... send me pm if interested.. I'm not going to put them up for sell at this point in time....